Career Officer
# 41
03-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Wait, when the Scimitar gets 52 disruptor banks, 20 photon torpedo launchers, 20+ Scorpions and a 5 minute Thalaron Weapon that kills every living thing on a ship?

Aaah, why the hell not. Lets also give the Galaxy a total of 12 Beam Arrays, the Sovereign disappearing decks (nobody knows how many the thing actually had), and the Intrepid a Torpedo Tree and Shuttle tree.

Note that this sarcasm wasn't directed to you alois, but more to the subject of giving ships the stats of the series.
I can already see the flows of tears from people when they try to equip a ship with 70+ fleet elite weapons.
Career Officer
# 42
03-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
then i admit defeat in this case. but i wont admit defeat that it cant mount photons up front though as it was never shown in the prime.
So the ship has two totally seperated ammunitions lockers: one purely for front torpeodes and another restricted to the rear.
Who designed this thing then? BP? TEPCO? Praxis Workforce Security inc.?
Career Officer
# 43
03-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
So the ship has two totally seperated ammunitions lockers: one purely for front torpeodes and another restricted to the rear.
Who designed this thing then? BP? TEPCO? Praxis Workforce Security inc.?
why not? phasers use up energy and torpedoes use up materials, both separate "ammo" types. besides it could be an advantage if the photons are fast firing, useful to protect the flank more, where as the quad cannons cover the slower quantum reload.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 44
03-12-2014, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
why not? phasers use up energy and torpedoes use up materials, both separate "ammo" types. besides it could be an advantage if the photons are fast firing, useful to protect the flank more, where as the quad cannons cover the slower quantum reload.
It is not as if they cannot be changed around, Fed ships were meant to be modular, it is not hard to believe that a quantum top launcher could not be switched around with any other launcher type.
Career Officer
# 45
03-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
It is not as if they cannot be changed around, Fed ships were meant to be modular, it is not hard to believe that a quantum top launcher could not be switched around with any other launcher type.
it would entirely depend on the technology rather then trying to figure up a way to make it compatible. would be like trying to integrate a romulan singularity core into a matter/anti-matter plasma circuitry. it may not be possible to reverse weapon types and launch them off as you say. modular yes but not everything is 100% reverse compatible.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 46
03-12-2014, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
Actually, the "modular" is a STO concept.

The Series/movies have plenty of evidence of non-modular designs from Starfleet, ranging from warp-core specific parts to things transporters.

I mean, refitting the dilithium chamber of a Galaxy class took two weeks.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 47
03-12-2014, 05:46 AM
Startrek special effects weren't always... consistent. The Enterprise D should get a special "Phaser Torpedo Launcher" console that allows it to fire a phaser from its torpedo.

And a Phaser-Deflector Modification, that allows it to fire phasers from its deflector.

As a three-part set with anti-matter spread console, it could also get a "Anti-Borg Deflector Beam". (at least the AMS and Anti-Borg Deflector Beam where announced and explained on screen.)
Empire Veteran
# 48
03-12-2014, 06:15 AM
Not sure how well the picture will come out, but here is a photo from Star Trek: The Official Ships Collection, issue 9 - U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205

Photo of Specs

You can zoom in on it, but I will type it up as well.

Reg: NX-74205
Class: Defiant
Constructed: Antares Fleet Yards
Launched: 2370
Length: 170.68 Meters
Decks: 4
Crew: 40
Top Speed: Warp 9.982
Weaponry: Four Pulse Phaser Cannons, 6 Torpedo Launchers
Captain: Benjamin Sisko

So the OP and the user made Wordpress article, is very much over inflated stats.
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 49
03-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
~snip
Unfortunally, that image is not accurate either, as we know that the defiant has at least one dorsal and one ventral phaser strip, wich isn't mentioned on that image.

It's more accurate than the OP's stats though, thats for sure.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 50
03-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
Startrek special effects weren't always... consistent. The Enterprise D should get a special "Phaser Torpedo Launcher" console that allows it to fire a phaser from its torpedo.

And a Phaser-Deflector Modification, that allows it to fire phasers from its deflector.

As a three-part set with anti-matter spread console, it could also get a "Anti-Borg Deflector Beam". (at least the AMS and Anti-Borg Deflector Beam where announced and explained on screen.)

I wonder if they fixed that in the blu ray remaster like they did a lot of the stuff in the TOS remasters.
toDuj 'oS rol.