Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Im not sure if I put this in my post earlier that in what I posted. but one thing we could do is to be able to save, and share planets that we find. so if you discover a new planet, you have the option to save it to a WARP TO drop down list. that way later on you can fly to the exploration sector where you found it, pull up the list of planets, and warp back to it. now I think we would limit it to 50 to 100 planets saved, maybe less. but this would let us later on add the option of a fleet base, maybe when the genesis get going faster, or integrated we could have the surface with fleet housing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestek View Post
I don't think they are ever going to stop adding to the game. We as customers just need to make sure we stay on their a$$ and make sure they are doing what they said they were going to do. The main thing im looking forward to is functional bridges that you jump in and out of during space combat as in BRIDGE COMMANDER.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...b763d7b9bf0bec

Ahhhh interior and exterior....mmmmm
of couse there not going to stop adding, but what Im saying is if we come together we can help shape what they add, and like the idea of the bridge commander style bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiryuWong View Post
You sound very reasonable and I doubt even flamers will be able to come and flame on this topic.

We all want Star Trek as an MMO. That is why we are here. We have shown that there is a following for this IP and we also have show how passionate we are about it.

I believe STO can evolve. Please keep positive constructive discussion going on this forum and generate ideas for the Devs. They are reading and responding to many of our requests.
that's the idea, and the flamers will find a way to flame this, trust me someone is thinking about what to write on here as a flame right now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I like the civilian class idea. Maybe even make them more effective at defense/retreat when their ship is attacked. Being a transport or runabout, they wouldn't have the offensive capabilities the current ships have, but if they were able to, say, go into full impulse during a fight, forcing the NPCs to chase them, that could be pretty cool. Might make for some cool ambush tactics too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParthenon
I like the civilian class idea. Maybe even make them more effective at defense/retreat when their ship is attacked. Being a transport or runabout, they wouldn't have the offensive capabilities the current ships have, but if they were able to, say, go into full impulse during a fight, forcing the NPCs to chase them, that could be pretty cool. Might make for some cool ambush tactics too.
I didn't think about that. maybe when we get more open PVP maps, a civilian working for the klingons could be in the PVP zone. ( if they are aloud in the PVP zone, ) sending out a distress call, only to have the federation player meet a few BoP decloaking. hmm.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane
well said. i agree with you completely.

my idea is an invention system.

What are the engineers in star trek known for? making crap up on the fly to enhance their abilities. allow people to collect those anomalies and have an in ship ability to create upgrades for ship and ground systems.

well the in the ship part is a dream, but if not do it on the ground. the system right now is a really shallow version of that. perhaps even have mobs drop engineering type items for ground and space respectively.

you can have recipes and be able to add ship parts to enhance your own.

i.e. you kill a BoP and it drops an upgraded dilithium chamber which you can then upgrade an engineering console etc. its a rough idea, but people can see where its going.
so let me get the straight, you want engineers to become the crafting class maybe as a sub class, so and engineer could branch off of the normal path of captain, and focus more on creating, or maybe it could be a mix of both.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
No matter what reason, talk of failure for this game is simply silly. Economically, the game already provided full return on investment just with initial launch money. My current bet, based on store sales numbers, is $45 million dollars on open. Based on the most expensive game launch to date, this game represents an IP cost and investment of under $30 million, maybe less because of how fast it was made.

That gives the devs a lot of room to work on new content, since now it is a case of keeping subscriptions active, and they have money in the bank to keep their staff hired on and working. Talk of this game closing just has the possibility of driving away new players, no reality. In fact, the best way to keep a game floating is to talk people into playing it,

Current talk is that a game such as this needs 50,000 subscribers to maintain a balanced operation. Even if only 1 in ten players stay in the game, the current subscriptions double this number.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
so let me get the straight, you want engineers to become the crafting class maybe as a sub class, so and engineer could branch off of the normal path of captain, and focus more on creating, or maybe it could be a mix of both.
well no, i mean all captains can do it. but the example was that the engineers in star trek are the miracle workers. mind you, giving each type of captain a subclass like that, would be a good idea too. really add more depth.

then you can mix and match subclasses and their abilities. man so many ideas with this lol.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
One thing that sprung to my mind is that being a science vessel as a scientist surely I should be doing more exploration and beaming down to planets and spending hours finding artifacts and stuff

It irks me sometimes that I see a planet and because it isn't part of a mission I have I can't beam down to investigate it for mineral deposits etc.

Darn it Captain I'm a scientist not a warrior. Rofl .. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

So how about this as an expansion on the suggestions to do with crafting so far. What if scientists get extra when scanning anomalies. Surely the extra and better science consoles will be able to extract better results.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane
well no, i mean all captains can do it. but the example was that the engineers in star trek are the miracle workers. mind you, giving each type of captain a subclass like that, would be a good idea too. really add more depth.

then you can mix and match subclasses and their abilities. man so many ideas with this lol.
ok now I understand. but would engineers be better at it compared to a tactical officer?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 01:42 PM
TLDR

Seriously though, every MMO has massive negative feedback.
Even the most succesfull MMO ever (WoW) has alot of cry babies, what really speaks is $$$.

If Cryptic can pull a profit on this game, and there are many long term players, then this game is a sucess.

Now is it a good investment? Thats another question, if I put down 50 million and only get 55 million back , thats 5 million profit sure, but its also only 10%.

There may be other investments I could get back 25% or more, this is all board members care about.

Best bang for the buck, its how the world is run, and the sad part is... its true.