Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
filled circles are planets with story missions
filled squares are areas with story missions
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
filled circles are planets with story missions
filled squares are areas with story missions
By story missions you mean a mission that's part of a story arc? Hrm, good idea.

I'm kinda surprised the planets can be put into those two groups (story or no); I'd have thought some planets have both types of missions on them. If that's true then your interaction with each planet is reduced to just one mission?

At any rate, without a map legend, those icons don't really help many people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMadness
At any rate, without a map legend, those icons don't really help many people.
They don't help anyone as no one goes to the systems based on whether or not the system is part of a story-arc. They go when they receive orders which take them to that system. Their value is approximately $0.01.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy_D
They don't help anyone as no one goes to the systems based on whether or not the system is part of a story-arc. They go when they receive orders which take them to that system. Their value is approximately $0.01.
I might be wrong, but I think a Dev posted something about this. if I remember correctly, the dots have no meaning, just added variety to the map.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
I might be wrong, but I think a Dev posted something about this. if I remember correctly, the dots have no meaning, just added variety to the map.
if that is true, what a waste.

I was think, open circle are enterable, filled ones were not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-04-2010, 10:12 AM
It's also a missed opportunity. If variety was needed, why not just light up the circles where you have to go? I think it adds logos to the systems when you can see them in the game proper, just not the map.

With the map, you would have a useful feature, and variety. If you are on a patrol mission, this makes perfect sense. Since you can R-click and navigate from the map anyway, finding the closest mission or planning out a fun route minimizes time spent between stars.

Not that stars are bad, I'd just rather be exploring them than looking at them!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 AM.