Lt. Commander
So, I was doing some exploration missions today and I noticed a few things that could use some work.

Firstly, I approached this planet that was white and obviously was a snow planet, but when I beamed down for the mission, I was in the forest. I think you guys should watch the Genesis missions closer when you screen them.

Also, the Relief Aid missions, really should not need 10 of an item. This is way to high considering you have go through and buy each one individually since the stores don't have a buy x option. Since you can see any of the 5 commodities needed in those missions, you have to buy 50 different items from the store which takes a while.
The price isn't quite so bad, but you really need to either lower the amount or add a buy x option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:06 AM
At the moment the reward for doing a deliver aid mission is not worth the time and trouble you have to go through to do it.

You have to spend a minimum of 1000 credits to buy the needed commodities. They can be bought from any transport/freighter travelling on one of the blue lines in sector space.

Forget about buying 10 of the 5 different items as that is just a waste of credits.

I drop those missions as it is just not worth the time and money to do them. Go find another system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Exploration Missions could use a little something...a twist now and again to keep them fresh. Many stories in the series start with simple survey missions, wether anomolies in a system or the flora, fauna, or primative cultures on a planet. EX. TOS story 'Shore leave', or 'Miri'. I'm not suggesting this for every exploration mission just now and a gain to break up the 'scan 5 anomolies, scan the 5 mineral deposites missions. A hostile indigenous lifeform (Not nessicariy a Phaser weilding humanoid) along the lines of say, a mugatu or other indigenous creature. An Apollo-like entity from 'Who mourns for Adonis' would be another example. I would imagine such adventure type missions could be dropped into the mission randomizer with a flag to tack on to the character so that the mission is only gained once.

Just my 2 energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:21 AM
Considering that the free exploration is one of the biggest sell points for STO, i'd say that they got it into working order and are going to add content to it in the 45 day patc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:22 AM
My only suggestion for the way it is now is to put each "flavor" of mission on a timer, so that I don't get the same one twice in a row. It happens very often.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
My only suggestion for the way it is now is to put each "flavor" of mission on a timer, so that I don't get the same one twice in a row. It happens very often.
I like that idea. I really hate getting 3 Relief Aids in a row when I don't have supplies with me for any of them. Just as bad is more than one of the Investigate bases in a row, I rather dislike those, as they seem to always have you looking for computers and some of the base designs make it hard to see them flash.
Lt. Commander
In the planet aid missions it makes no sense to have to fly away from the planet and go into sector space or to some star base to purchase the needed commodities. In any of the shows they would just use the replicator to make the necessary trade items if they did not have them on hand. I have no problem with spending the energy credits to get the items but having to travel from exploration space and come back is crazy. Too, one does not always get the same aid mission when coming back, making the commodities just purchased worthless, and taking up space in a very limited inventory.

And whats up with not being able to specify the number of items one wants to purchase? If your not going to put in a buy x button at least make the purchase a single click, instead of clicking the item and then having to click the buy button.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Considering that the free exploration is one of the biggest sell points for STO, i'd say that they got it into working order and are going to add content to it in the 45 day patc.
I disagree.
The current exploration system is the number one disappointment for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
I disagree.
The current exploration system is the number one disappointment for me.
Exactly. I said it was a sell point, not a strong point :p

Cryptic says its super duper fun, and then you get disappointed at the hard truth
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagyria View Post
In the planet aid missions it makes no sense to have to fly away from the planet and go into sector space or to some star base to purchase the needed commodities. In any of the shows they would just use the replicator to make the necessary trade items if they did not have them on hand. I have no problem with spending the energy credits to get the items but having to travel from exploration space and come back is crazy.
Agreed.
Great idea that fits with Star Trek canon.