Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Competence griefing
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I was in a PvP instance and the opponent team wipes me out with effectively fitted ships, solid tactics, and coordination. Player skills are way overpowered. What is a casual player who wants instant gratification supposed to do?

Please nerf so that I can win by just mashing space key!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Seconded, please outfit my escort with a shiny red "I win!!" button
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraTango View Post
I was in a PvP instance and the opponent team wipes me out with effectively fitted ships, solid tactics, and coordination. Player skills are way overpowered. What is a casual player who wants instant gratification supposed to do?

Please nerf so that I can win by just mashing space key!
The only meaningful solution to this is bracketed games.

Honestly, in no other friendly sport would you put teams who have no chance against teams who are prepared. It's just not sporting.

If someone forms a team, or even a group - that group should end up getting an informal rating that affects who it gets thrown into matches with...

hey... now there is an idea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Kind of like the much auto match making that people were griping about in MW2 in regards to the PC?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The only meaningful solution to this is bracketed games.

Honestly, in no other friendly sport would you put teams who have no chance against teams who are prepared. It's just not sporting.

If someone forms a team, or even a group - that group should end up getting an informal rating that affects who it gets thrown into matches with...
+1 to this idea, totally agreed there should be ranked matches for teams and otherwise normal (unranked) matches for 'PUGs'. And teams would be forced into ranked bracket matching, whereas PUGs won't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Sadly this the most productive post in the PvP section.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraTango View Post
I was in a PvP instance and the opponent team wipes me out with effectively fitted ships, solid tactics, and coordination. Player skills are way overpowered. What is a casual player who wants instant gratification supposed to do?

Please nerf so that I can win by just mashing space key!


Thanks for posting in a few words what I posted in a thousand. It's a lot clearer your way. My hat is off to you!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The only meaningful solution to this is bracketed games.

Honestly, in no other friendly sport would you put teams who have no chance against teams who are prepared. It's just not sporting.

If someone forms a team, or even a group - that group should end up getting an informal rating that affects who it gets thrown into matches with...

hey... now there is an idea

I will admit that I don't want to play chess against Garry Kasparov. I wouldn't mind meeting him though and taking some lessons

I'm all for bracketed, seeded, ranked games, whatever they wind up calling them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lloyd
I will admit that I don't want to play chess against Garry Kasparov. I wouldn't mind meeting him though and taking some lessons

I'm all for bracketed, seeded, ranked games, whatever they wind up calling them.
Hey is there a way to track pvp stats?? would be awesome if there was a ranking as u say would make pvp so much funner
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delove
Hey is there a way to track pvp stats?? would be awesome if there was a ranking as u say would make pvp so much funner
I hope there will be. It would be a nice start to give PvP some meaning.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 AM.