Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Op i think u have problems trusting ur members to put stuff in to base missions and are probly a bit of a control freak. Sounds like one of my ex-fleet leaders. tax system would only be useed by small fleets that would get smaller because of tax. As people quit looking for fleets that dont use it big fleets dont need the tax system as its a fight to earn creds.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Commander
# 22
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
That is assuming you don't need those for other things. Which for a casual player is a VERY big assumption.
And that is why i wrote that you get from 1 (only base) to 3 (if you don't need marks/bnps) but still it is at least 3k dilithium i 15-30 minutes from 3 easy STFs
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 23
03-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
And that is why i wrote that you get from 1 (only base) to 3 (if you don't need marks/bnps) but still it is at least 3k dilithium i 15-30 minutes from 3 easy STFs

Erm... cooldowns?

Either way we are straying from the point. It's not about how easy it is to get the dilithium, it's about members having the choice to donate it.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Commander
# 24
03-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Erm... ISE,CSE,KASE?
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Career Officer
# 25
03-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanojoski1 View Post
I believe it is good idea to add fleet tax option, percentage of players earnings (EC, dof, dilithium etc) to go automatically to the fleet bank.

Also, the advanced logging is very much needed. Who took, donate, and how much in the fleet. ITS 24 century, everything is logging. Let the players use their fleet management skills.

And when i say log, add some improved one, unlike the fleet bank log or events.. that is far away from Starfleet logging system. Its more like 19 century log

I hope you would consider this and add to the game.

BTW. Please add Select ALL button for DOF donations. I think many people dislocated their fingers sellecting >154 DOFS each day.

Thanks.
Why? What problem(s) will these suggestions solve? Why would these particular solutions solve those problem(s) better than alternative solutions?
Career Officer
# 26
03-09-2014, 03:36 PM
A fleet taxing its members is one of the funniest suggestions I've ever read on this forum. Your members can and should (would) walk away from you.
Commander
# 27
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Adding a tax will test the loyalty of fleet members... just a side-effect... maybe a good side effect...
Commander
# 28
03-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Fleet tax? Again? Really?

I understand that OP thought he had a good idea, but he should read other fleet tax threads first. Pretending those threads do not exist is like expecting community stance on fleet tax had changed since the last time it was proposed. Which I think is not the case.

In other words, raising a failed idea for umpteenth time will not make it a valid one. If OP is a fleet leader and thinks his fleet requires the use of forced taxation, then something is wrong with fleet leader. If hes not a fleet leader, that means that either the fleet is very small or is just an alt cemetery.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Captain
# 29
03-21-2014, 02:51 AM
I play STO to escape from RL, not run smack into it. And taxes are as RL as it can get. So no. The only reason I can think of for anyone to suggest something like this is they are trying to mooch off other players for some reason. Usually involves them trying to get to a particular Shiny they want with minimal effort.

If people in your Fleet aren't contributing or haven't contributed then drop them. This really stupid idea of taxing Fleet members guarantees Fleet members who are contributing will leave. And the others who are not contributing will leave right along with them.

Perhaps a better title for this thread would have been, "How to Turn a Fleet into a Ghost Town."
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
03-21-2014, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanojoski1 View Post
I believe it is good idea to add fleet tax option, percentage of players earnings (EC, dof, dilithium etc) to go automatically to the fleet bank.

Also, the advanced logging is very much needed. Who took, donate, and how much in the fleet. ITS 24 century, everything is logging. Let the players use their fleet management skills.

And when i say log, add some improved one, unlike the fleet bank log or events.. that is far away from Starfleet logging system. Its more like 19 century log

I hope you would consider this and add to the game.

BTW. Please add Select ALL button for DOF donations. I think many people dislocated their fingers sellecting >154 DOFS each day.

Thanks.
No freaking way you going to get my ec/dil/doffs automatically.
No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no....NNNNNNOOOOOOO.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.