Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HittingSmoke View Post
Yea, from what I've been told, some pre-order bonuses may end up there eventually a ways down the road.

CE bonuses, however, will never be put up for sale as it devalues the Collectors Edition, which normally increase in value over time. A WoW collectors edition can be sold for over $200 on Ebay, and if STO will ever see such a thing they have to keep CE exclusives... exclusive.
This too ^^
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm inclined to agree. If you bought a special version of the game, the bonuses that came with it should not be resold later. A compromise would be to have the season one uniforms in the store. They look mostly the same, but without the collar. And, you know, skirts if you were so inclined.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
What's the point of a limited pre-order bonus if they're just going to sell it on the store? What's next? Liberated Borg as a playable race?

Leave it as it is.

Besides, once you put armour on your character you can't see the uniform anyway. Wish you could make the armour invisible...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preirin
Besides, once you put armour on your character you can't see the uniform anyway. Wish you could make the armour invisible...
Right Click it, then select Hide from Outfit. Done.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
My Liberated Borg is wearing TNG uniforms (For RP reasons, I was thinking of making his pre-assimilaition days from the TNG era and thus this the most comfortable uniform for him as he regains more of his "self" ).

I wouldn't object to this stuff being added to the C-Store eventually, but I have to say that it should really be some of the last items added, a year or so down the road at LEAST. Collector's Editions need to mean something, as do the Lifetime Subscription bonuses. I think without a doubt all the pre-order items and the DDE items should be available on the C-Store eventually, but I'd prefer that it be a very, very long time if EVER that Liberated Borg and the DS9/TNG uniforms make it there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preirin
What's the point of a limited pre-order bonus if they're just going to sell it on the store? What's next? Liberated Borg as a playable race?

Leave it as it is.

Actually you can. Right click your armor on your status screen and there will be a "hide under uniform" option. You can be wearing the latest in armor but still have your uniform show through!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsys View Post
I wouldn't object to this stuff being added to the C-Store eventually, but I have to say that it should really be some of the last items added, a year or so down the road at LEAST. Collector's Editions need to mean something, as do the Lifetime Subscription bonuses. I think without a doubt all the pre-order items and the DDE items should be available on the C-Store eventually, but I'd prefer that it be a very, very long time if EVER that Liberated Borg and the DS9/TNG uniforms make it there.
I'm curious, why do you feel that the CE needs to mean something, but the DDE should be sold off? The DDE is just another form of CE.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
Right Click it, then select Hide from Outfit. Done.

You are my hero.

Now, can you tell me how to keep my damned palm strike LOCKED in my toolbar? It disappears every time I beam somewhere - without fail.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtj
It's an included bonus with the CE. Personally, I'm going to be a little annoyed if they let everyone buy it for $1 on the C-Store when it's a bonus I got for purchasing the CE.
You also got a combadge, art, and whatever else. I just want the TNG uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
You also got a combadge, art, and whatever else. I just want the TNG uniform.
It's all part of the package. Generally, if you want something that is only included with the CE, then you need to buy the CE. The art book is somewhat interesting, but I couldn't care less about the rest of it--I bought it for the in-game stuff.