Lt. Commander
# 1 Full game size?
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I am downloading the Atari/Digital River version of the game "again" and wondered if someone could tell me the exact size it should be when done downloading! Please

Keep getting corrupt installs, so trying a few different things including using 7zip to unlock the compressed files instead of the default windows zip program.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
not sure how or what your downloading but if your using internet explorer or even sometimes firefox to download large files they may corrupt.. they will corrupt if you use IE to dl files over 1gb its best to use a download manager

you best option is to eiter download the torrent or use the downloader here
http://www.startrekonline.com/download
ive heard that the downloader can be quicker than the torrent but today there appears to be issues with the updates for some sooo the torrent may be your best option
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Actually I have used that also (what you linked), prior to game release that's where I was getting my beta files from.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium
not sure how or what your downloading but if your using internet explorer or even sometimes firefox to download large files they may corrupt.. they will corrupt if you use IE to dl files over 1gb its best to use a download manager

you best option is to eiter download the torrent or use the downloader here
http://www.startrekonline.com/download
ive heard that the downloader can be quicker than the torrent but today there appears to be issues with the updates for some sooo the torrent may be your best option
I am downloading the full game, as to the how as I said using the Atari / digital download link that is given to you when you purchase the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
Actually I have used that also (what you linked), prior to game release that's where I was getting my beta files from.
if you had beta then you already had\have the game installed all you need do is allow the game to patch itself.

or if you still have the beta client installer use that rather than downloadng the game again

Quote:
as to the how as I said using the Atari / digital download link that is given to you when you purchase the game
ahh my bad didnt know atari was giving links to download :p