Lt. Commander
# 1 Memory Alpha
02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok, maybe it's cause I'm a noob to MMORPGs but I'm not sure I understand Memory Alpha. I seem to have TONS of items I've found (3 or 4 for each mission I've completed) that can be traded at MA but there isn't really anything of use - or at least nothing more than I already have.

And while I'm on the topic of having too much money and nothing to buy - I have ~20k energy credits and I have the same issue - there isn't anything worth buying, or at least nothing better than I have.

I'm only a lt. grade 8 at the moment and people tell me the game really opens up at 10 but am I missing something? Are there other places I should be looking for cool stuff?

I'm not hating - I've really been enjoying the game... just looking for some tips on enjoying it more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
The stuff at MA takes mundate items and, with a few found baubles, makes them uncommon. Not a big concern if you're getting lots of drops but still I'd rather take a plain-jane MK II Phaser there and turn it to a Crit or Accuracy bonus Uncommon for basically no cost; just time spent finding the baubles and saving them.

If you can't find things to spend credits on then you haven't been to the Exchange yet.

Lts are limited to MK II weapons. When you get to Lt. Cmdr you open yourself up to MK III/IV. At that point you're going to see a lot more options for things to buy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Cool, I was looking for a good explanation of MA, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Cool - I'll check out the exchange too. Thanks for the reply.