Lt. Commander
# 1 BOff Skills question
02-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to understand what the deal is with bridge officers and skills.

I previously thought that there were a list of skills for each profession, and any BOff of the correct level would have the same ones. Then as a mission reward, I got a BOff who had a different skill to the one I already had of the same profession.

So, what's the scoop? Are there many different skills per class/level for BOffs? Is it like 1 or 2? Is there a list? Do you always get the same skills on a BOff from the same mission? Do they have the same skills as your main char?

Can each officer only have one? Or one per level?

Is this covered in any guides? I tried a search, but didn't turn anything up.

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Each class (tactical,engineer,science) of BO can have any of several skills per rank. There's a 'trainer' in the SOL Station (personnel area) that you can actually change which skills your particular BO's have, if you dont like the ones they came with.

Things to keep in mind:
BOs can use ANY skill they have on the ground. As long as they have the required rank to use it. (ship console ranks do not matter for ground)

BOs can only use Space skills that match up with the console they are in on your ship. If you have a Lt Engineer but he's in an Ensign slot he will only be able to use Ensign skills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Ah, that makes sense -thank you.

Do you know what happens when you retrain a BOff if you have spent skill points in the skill they had before the retrain. I guess you lose those points, but as there's now a skill point cap, will you be handicapped by having spent those points and not being able to get them back?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
You loose points for the BO skill you are replacing, and I think there is a skill cap for your character but not for your BO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadfolk View Post
Hi All,

I'm trying to understand what the deal is with bridge officers and skills.

I previously thought that there were a list of skills for each profession, and any BOff of the correct level would have the same ones. Then as a mission reward, I got a BOff who had a different skill to the one I already had of the same profession.

So, what's the scoop? Are there many different skills per class/level for BOffs? Is it like 1 or 2? Is there a list? Do you always get the same skills on a BOff from the same mission? Do they have the same skills as your main char?

Can each officer only have one? Or one per level?

Is this covered in any guides? I tried a search, but didn't turn anything up.

Thanks for any help.
You might find the section on Bridge Officers in the Character Basics guide linked to in my sig to be helpful - I think it covers most of the questions you're asking.