Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 500 Skill points
02-05-2010, 06:34 AM
ok i been looking around and have yet to find any info on this 500 skill point boost, it was included in one of my orders but not sure what one. So what i want to know is this extra 500 points is it just a faster lvling tool in the beginning or is it in fact a extra 500 points added to the total skill points that we can acquire?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:35 AM
maybe are cryptic points to purchase staff in C-Store?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaWar
maybe are cryptic points to purchase staff in C-Store?
No, those are Cryptic Points. He's talking about the 500 skill points that come with some versions, such as the Wal Mart version of the game.

My guess is it's just 500 points for starting out, for an early stat boost. I don't think they'll give you 500 extra on the cap, even though that wouldn't make much of a difference.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
No, those are Cryptic Points. He's talking about the 500 skill points that come with some versions, such as the Wal Mart version of the game.

My guess is it's just 500 points for starting out, for an early stat boost. I don't think they'll give you 500 extra on the cap, even though that wouldn't make much of a difference.
I've started a similar thread over here, where I have been given info from play.com that this is a known Cryptic problem and is being resolved. Not sure if they are telling the truth. However, wal-mart customers appear to be suffering too. Thread is here

It also has not been supplied to a starting character. Also the advert does not say only starting characters so it had better not just be for them. That doesn't mean it lifts the cap though I accept.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Same issue. Wal-Mart.com version... no bonus points as promised. I better not have wasted $50!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
No, those are Cryptic Points. He's talking about the 500 skill points that come with some versions, such as the Wal Mart version of the game.

My guess is it's just 500 points for starting out, for an early stat boost. I don't think they'll give you 500 extra on the cap, even though that wouldn't make much of a difference.
there is no increase to the cap, only 500 skill points at the beginning. Just eliminates 2 to 3 missions at the beginning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collision View Post
Same issue. Wal-Mart.com version... no bonus points as promised. I better not have wasted $50!!!
Check the forum Sticky for Pre-Order Bonuses.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=98535
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.