Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
ummm.... ahh.... don't we already have those but they're badly broken... there are certain maps in open space that opens up into a free resource pvp that is not part of the pvp queue.

edit: to original OP... fed balling is NOT a stall tactic... it's a SURVIVAL tactic... feds ball because they do not play with the klingon mentality of 1 vs 1... There are ways to counter balling and I have countered it on my klingon ship EVERY time.... allyou need is a single skill called scramble sensors (NOT Jam sensors)... it's a PVE skill that is very very effective in PVP against balling.

L2P klingons... Cloak stalling is a valid grief cause currently there are no EFFECTIVE counter to it... there are counters but the range is 10 km and a 2 minute cooldown that means it's ONLY effective if the klingons aren't cloak stalling and flying into the ball while cloaked.

scramble sensors when skilled up is a 45 second cooldown.... and you do not need to guess where teh feds are when they ball up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
a t5 sovereign would pop a tier 2 BoP with a single broadside though. just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrin
Problem will be that skills scale as you raise in rank, so if you put a B'Rel Vs a Sovereign the most the B'Rel will be able to do is ... die. Maybe - MAYBE combine 1-3 tiers and 4-5. Also automatically raise the virtual rank of the captain joining the fleet engagement to the max Tier, without the skill points but with the skill scaling. This will allow even T1 players to have a contribution by buffing/debuffing at least, else 20 B'Rels will never dent a T5 cruiser or Science etc.
Why would anyone assume the single BoP is or has to make the kill. I get the impression that many people only consider themselves viable or valuable if they can solo a target. Why isnt anyone realizing that the BoP(s) are in support of the larger ships in the group as combat multipliers?

Think about it, the BoPs can be EW/ECM pickets/frigates. They can be flankiing DPS dealers performing lightening strikes against the Sovy from cloak. They can be shield crackers with mulltiple tachyon beams....who cares if they are tin cans...very ship has its place to contribute.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
Yes, actually this might work. If you group up with a Admiral you get group benefits of the highest tier. Buffing lower tier so they can do something, yet still remaining weaker is a viable option.

Damage is damage however, so potentially if you get enough little guys pounding on you they should be able to destroy you. But group based buffs based on highest level would also be a more fair solution. Or you could introduce specific skills for the higher tier guys just for this kind of circumstance. A "Leadership" skill of some kind giving various kinds f benifits. Say a Tactical Leader Skill buffs damage of lower level tiers in groups, or a Engineering Leader Skill buffs healing and hit points, ect..
Kind of like a pvp version of mentoring? That sounds pretty slick. Why didn't I think of it... now I can't get credit for the good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
double post
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
+1 to this idea, I agree fully. I hope there is some plan for 'end-game PVP' Fleet Actions that involve mixed Tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye.Trizzd
Kind of like a pvp version of mentoring? That sounds pretty slick. Why didn't I think of it... now I can't get credit for the good idea.
Think of it as actually being a "Admiral", since just having a big ship isn't what Admirals really do anyhow. "Buffing" lowbies with their tactical experience is really more what an Admiral should be doing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
wait this sounds like somthing that would cause people to keep playing after there 30 days are up and actulay give meaning to pvp then cryptic would have to care about pvp and we cant have that

/sarcasium off

somthing like this is needed to keep people playing for more than a week or 2 on the Klingon side or the fed side as pve is far to simple and ez as it is now
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Think of it as actually being a "Admiral", since just having a big ship isn't what Admirals really do anyhow. "Buffing" lowbies with their tactical experience is really more what an Admiral should be doing.
So if the group with the highest ranking player gets a boost over the group with the lower ranks...in addition to the fact the higher rank player already has the ranked skill advantageous...this rank group buff up will only result in double d@mning the other team.

No buff ups needed...just contribute what you have...thats war.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Actually, I can see having certain leadership bonuses applied within a certain radius from the fleet flagship, which should be the highest ranked member.

In practical terms, every Fleet Action of this nature will have -at least- one max level player on each side. The trick is limiting the radius buff to 1 person per faction.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Why mentor at all, let people compete at whatever level they are in a static map. Everyone will know the risk of facing higher levels by entering. This game has minimal grind, max level is easily achievable in 30 days, mentoring is unnecessary.

As it stands now 99% of the KDF will be gone after 30 days, this might entice some of us to stay.