Lt. Commander
Better pathing for bridge officers.

Seriously, these people are supposed to fly a ship at faster than light across the galaxy, but walking through an open door is just to complicated a task.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll second this...OMG...and they pull aggro cause they run through mobs instead of following me around them....sigh
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavosslayer View Post
I'll second this...OMG...and they pull aggro cause they run through mobs instead of following me around them....sigh

LOL, I was going to name one of mine Leroy Jenkins just because he agroes all the mobs on his own.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't really have any huge complaints on BO pathing. I think that's due to what I've put up with for pet AI in other MMO's though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll add to this list of things for a big future patch or future content.

1- Option to scale beam/projectile FX - Currently the FX are too big, I understand the gameplay reason for this but I would prefer smaller FX phasers. Either an option to tick "cannon size" "gamesize" would suffice however a Slider would be much more useful

2- Portraits for ships - Right now when targeting an NPC/player ship you get a portrait for their ship hull that's the same for all ships that class. Why not have a portrait like the captain's portrait with the shields around it and tint red when health is deducted from the hull? With a ship portrait we can show off our ships' more in PVP and in PVE. It would be more visually interesting then what we have in place now.

3- Star Streaks in Sector Space - Change the space dust to Streaks

4- Ability to disable trails - I'm on the fence about this being cannon or not, however some prefer them off. I would like for there to be an option in between where I can disable trails but have a ship blur similar to TMP when they go into warp or Bridge Commander when doing in system warp.

5- Missions with multiple scenarios which lead to multiple reward types - A scenario would be something simple like deciding whether to stay on the ship or send an away team. If the player sends an away team, then the away team is in danger when an enemy ship warps in, thus forcing the payer to fight in space. If the player chooses to lead the away team, they go the ground where an enemy ship engages your ship in space and transports troops to the planet to deal with you. This allows the player to kinda decided which mission they want to do (space/ground). This is only one example how mission choices could affect gameplay/rewards. I would really like to see this in Genesis Missions.

6- More objective based PVP

7-PVP that has sector space/space combat/ground combat - some kinda capture and hold where players have to beam down to planets to secure points and travel to these planets via a PVP sector space

8- Missions inside ships - Quests/mini games available to ships, A holodeck where we can relive scenes from the show or movies like playing as Kirk when he fought Khan in STII

9- More fluff/minigames - I want to play Dabu, I want to buy a swimsuit for my captain on Risa, I want to participate in beach games or 3D chess with other players during my off times

10- The ability to write personal logs for my Boffs - For all the RPers out there that want to flesh out BOFF relationships/backstory/personallity

11- When the captain holster's his/her's weapon the BOFFs should do the same

12- Some kinda REAL death penalty. What happened to the slow regenerating crew idea?

13- Use cannon ship sizes - We already have a target reticle that shows us the enemy ship and if there is a ship portrait implanted then we can see the ship just fine in all it's detail, which means ships can now be the correct sizes with no impact on gameplay.

That's all I have off the top of my head.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Being able to beam aboard opposing players ship and blow it up, death penalties, pvp with my BO's, Profession based missons (sci, tac, eng), more sandbox areas, unexplored zones with open free for all pvp,

I could go on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Beaming down to safe places - weapons holstered. Why am I beaming down to Starbase 1 with an assault cannon, don't remember Kirk or Picard beaming to a Federation base with any offensive equipment!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Novax
2- Portraits for ships - Right now when targeting an NPC/player ship you get a portrait for their ship hull that's the same for all ships that class. Why not have a portrait like the captain's portrait with the shields around it and tint red when health is deducted from the hull? With a ship portrait we can show off our ships' more in PVP and in PVE. It would be more visually interesting then what we have in place now.
OH yes, please. I hate that I can't target a ship and see it close up without flying right up to it. I love the way in EVE that you can view ships, even enemies.

Cryptic, let all your artists' hard work (and players who design their ships) be appreciated!

--NT
Lt. Commander
# 9 good ideas
02-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Novax
I'll add to this list of things for a big future patch or future content.

1- Option to scale beam/projectile FX - Currently the FX are too big, I understand the gameplay reason for this but I would prefer smaller FX phasers. Either an option to tick "cannon size" "gamesize" would suffice however a Slider would be much more useful

3- Star Streaks in Sector Space - Change the space dust to Streaks

4- Ability to disable trails - I'm on the fence about this being cannon or not, however some prefer them off. I would like for there to be an option in between where I can disable trails but have a ship blur similar to TMP when they go into warp or Bridge Commander when doing in system warp.

5- Missions with multiple scenarios which lead to multiple reward types - A scenario would be something simple like deciding whether to stay on the ship or send an away team. If the player sends an away team, then the away team is in danger when an enemy ship warps in, thus forcing the payer to fight in space. If the player chooses to lead the away team, they go the ground where an enemy ship engages your ship in space and transports troops to the planet to deal with you. This allows the player to kinda decided which mission they want to do (space/ground). This is only one example how mission choices could affect gameplay/rewards. I would really like to see this in Genesis Missions.

6- More objective based PVP

7-PVP that has sector space/space combat/ground combat - some kinda capture and hold where players have to beam down to planets to secure points and travel to these planets via a PVP sector space

8- Missions inside ships - Quests/mini games available to ships, A holodeck where we can relive scenes from the show or movies like playing as Kirk when he fought Khan in STII

9- More fluff/minigames - I want to play Dabu, I want to buy a swimsuit for my captain on Risa, I want to participate in beach games or 3D chess with other players during my off times

10- The ability to write personal logs for my Boffs - For all the RPers out there that want to flesh out BOFF relationships/backstory/personallity

11- When the captain holster's his/her's weapon the BOFFs should do the same

12- Some kinda REAL death penalty. What happened to the slow regenerating crew idea?

13- Use cannon ship sizes - We already have a target reticle that shows us the enemy ship and if there is a ship portrait implanted then we can see the ship just fine in all it's detail, which means ships can now be the correct sizes with no impact on gameplay.

That's all I have off the top of my head.
so are pretty good ideas
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscuro987
so are pretty good ideas
too bad no one is going to read it now that the servers are down and there'll be about 50-200 post every minute saying "OMG server is DOwNz! Craptic = Failzors"