Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urko View Post
Just playing because its Star Trek , no matter what it contains ? I dont play my games like that.

Quite a few of the replies are saying they are playing JUST because it is called Star Trek, very sad.
Its not that unusual or sad. Millions of people buy Madden because its Madden ( not me ). Most games you buy because it contains something you are interested in or enjoy.

If I buy NHL 09, I bought it because it was a hockey game. Would I have bought it if it wasnt based on hockey? Errr.....no.

Same thing here buddy. Did I buy STO because it was Star Trek? Of course I did. Its a no brainer. And its not sad.

And I dont know exactly know HOW you play ( buy ) your games. But the basis of most peoples buying decisions on ANY kind of entertainment is usually based on its premise.

If that movie wasnt set in space would I have watched it? Well, I was in the mood for a space movie so no. Would I have bought a game based on a western if I hated the old west? Of course not.

I apologize, but as far as Im concerned, your statement makes absolutely no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Without the franchise, to be honest I probably wouldn't have even heard about this game. I'd like more to it but since it's still relatively new it's ok *shrug*. Personally, I think they should have kept it in development for another 3 months.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urko View Post
Just playing because its Star Trek , no matter what it contains ? I dont play my games like that.

Quite a few of the replies are saying they are playing JUST because it is called Star Trek, very sad.
Story in games matters.