Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Some of us want to use our connies even after we hit admiral I'm not asking for a new weapon when we hit a new teir all I'm asking is they make it so any Phaser MkI and up fire as blue when put in the pre-order connies weapon slots and not Orange.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltark View Post
There was an exploit where you could change your weapons by typing /powerhue 0 into the chat box but cryptic have taken that away because people couldn't tell what was being fired at them (I think didn't know how to do the command so they started whinging) The same people would complain about the connie if that happened. You won't have the ship long anyway.
If the blue color was tied directly to this specific ship instead of the weapons slotted in it then the "exploit" you are talking about would be minimized.

Yes you could still argue that a person could be using any kind of beams in this ship and they'd all look blue. But on the other hand everybody would know that this ship could only have at most 3 beam weapons so it's overall impact in PvP would be contained. In fact it might open up a good subset of PVP where people could use these against each other as a structured "random weapon" opponent.

Anybody who's serious about PvP could still use their tier 5 ships against each other without fear of facing unknown weapons. But we could also have our blue beams regardless of what we slot in them at the same time. It seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
You know the special blue phasers that come with the TOS Conie are actually more powerful than MKII phasers. Or were you trying to equip MK III phasers in your connie when you graduated to Lieutenant commander?
you mean mk I phasers. Mk 2 Phasers do 95 DPS the blue do 93
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
There was an exploit where you could change your weapons by typing /powerhue 0 into the chat box but cryptic have taken that away because people couldn't tell what was being fired at them (I think didn't know how to do the command so they started whinging) The same people would complain about the connie if that happened. You won't have the ship long anyway.
LOL, nice trollin.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, the ToS Enterprise was mixed, sometimes they were twin red bolts, or twin blue beams.

I watched an episode today where it was both hehe. Had to do with a bunch of ambassadors on the Enterprise, and Sarek (Spock's father) needed a blood transfusion from Spock. Checkov was firing at some probe, missed with the blue phaser beams, then Spock ordered another phaser volley, it showed from the outside under the saucer pairs of red bolts being fired.

Episode is Journey to Babel: Mission Stardate 3842.3 Original Air Date 11.17.67 *looked it up on the little reference cards that came with the seasons. It was also during season 2.

Anyhoo, back to topic, I can see it being changed, or maybe have it be a random graphic between a phaser cannon look and blue beams. :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I started a thread for this as well. Blue Phasers are cool. I paid more to have blue phasers (more or less for that reason). I want my blue phasers, I want to upgrade and still have blue phasers. As long as I have the Enterprise (sorry, the Connie) I want blue phasers. All other arguments are null and void.

Long live blue phasers!
Lt. Commander
# 27 www.1701gaming.com
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Blue Phaser's On NCC-1701

Orange Phaser's On NCC-1701-A & Onwards.

PlEaSe? :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwood68 View Post
Blue Phasers are cool. I paid more to have blue phasers (more or less for that reason).
This is often incorrectly assumed when it comes to bonus items. You didn't actually pay for the bonus item, you paid the same as anyone else and got a "bonus" for pre-ordering. I hear this a lot, "paid for borg, payed for this, payed for that, etc." The only thing you have paid for is the retail price of the game, in the case of subscriptions, you paid for the subscription, not the bonus items. The 30 days of gametime that come with a retail purchase is also a bonus. All bonuses are free, you don't actually pay extra for them.

Having said that, I too wish the Gamestop Constitution's blue phasers were tied to the ship itself and not the items. When I first got mine I upgraded the weapons (not realizing they were actually good up to MK II) and then sat there wondering why all the phasers weren't blue. If the items were clearly labeled and the text colored blue like a rare, it would have avoided some confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
The whole reasons these forum trolls complained so much the powerhue was removed is due to them not knowing what weapons you are firing at them...

They wanna know if you're shooting them with phasers or if shooting them with disruptors, so they can fit victorium armor to protect against phasers and fit umm, the same vitcorium armor to protect against disruptors, oh balls, the pvp argument is bs anyway...

they are forum trolls that dont want ya having any fluffy stuff, im gonna sit back and wait for them to complain about this thread asking for it to be closed, it doesnt agree with their game agenda for STO so you're not allowed to speak about it...
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
you mean mk I phasers. Mk 2 Phasers do 95 DPS the blue do 93
My blue phasers do 96dps...