Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Stay tuned. I just updated the female section before the server went down. You were on the right track with the blue, but only to the forehead ridges. ^^
I think the spoons differ in color depending on decoration (like lipstick or eyeshadow in a way). I made mine green



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossirian View Post
Nice writeup, I chose to make a Cardassian-Bajoran hybrid for my first char giving her the nose ridges and Bajoran earing. I also added more pink to her skin tone cause of her mixed heritage but I never thought about the blue in the forehead ridge, good catch.
Ha! Cool...my Cadassian BO won't be the only one running around with a Bajoran earring then The backstory on mine is that she was the descendant of the Cardassian war orphans that an episode of DS9 featured. She was raised with Bajoran beliefs and values but has a fully Cardassian genetic profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
You're gonna need a Cardassian name.
I chose Khym for my female Cardassian...obvious pun, but someone had to do it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoguns View Post
I think the spoons differ in color depending on decoration (like lipstick or eyeshadow in a way). I made mine green
Sure. That's a good suggestion. I'll add that in.

I don't play female characters, so I don't think of these things. ;p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Sure. That's a good suggestion. I'll add that in.

I don't play female characters, so I don't think of these things. ;p
Don't worry, I didn't notice it either until I googled "female Cardassians" trying to find a better skin tone for this BO. I think I saw one blue, one green, and another one was uncolored. It's just a best guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
If you look at in-game Cardassians, many of they seem to favor the more yellow-ish skin-tone from TNG. That would be the second half of the first row of colors.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Macet

The first Cardassian we saw did have facial hair.

Also, the Enterprise-D had a Cardassian helmsman in "Parallels".

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Unna...1-D)_personnel
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Ace job and an awesome write-up on it. I definately look forward to seeing you do some more - I'm in the same boat on Romulans to be honest. It's tempting to make one now and then just trade up once we get the option.

The question is... What would you do for traits? As that's another big thing that differentiates races (specifically for Cardassians in this instance, but I'd love to hear theories for other races as well).

Stuff the full-bore RPer would want to know. :3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Ace job and an awesome write-up on it. I definately look forward to seeing you do some more - I'm in the same boat on Romulans to be honest. It's tempting to make one now and then just trade up once we get the option.

The question is... What would you do for traits? As that's another big thing that differentiates races (specifically for Cardassians in this instance, but I'd love to hear theories for other races as well).

Stuff the full-bore RPer would want to know. :3
I'm a roleplayer, too. The pressure's on now. I'd probably have to start taking requests as there's nothing else I can really think of making besides Romulan. D: Hirogen maybe? I tried Jem'hadar and had some trouble.

I tried not to get too caught up in traits as they never seem to surface after creation. I did, however, pick a stubborn soldier. >_> And pretty much any knockback/hold resist I could find. Ain't nothin' gonna keep me down. My character's are pretty rebellious, or at least some shade of grey in terms of morality.

I'll try to pick out some specific traits I'd recommend for a Cardassian, but in the long run there isn't that much variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
If you look at in-game Cardassians, many of they seem to favor the more yellow-ish skin-tone from TNG. That would be the second half of the first row of colors.l[/url]
That might just be the lighting. The helmsmen you linked still had that touch of grey found in DS9 Cardassians. I may be a little biased, but I also purposely stuck with DS9 Cardassians as that is where they were mostly developed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Heh. Sorry about that... Don't think of it as pressure, though! Think of it as a chance to get some collaboration between fellow enthusiasts. Something that you don't have to do entirely by yourself, because people are obviously going to be giving their own feedback to as you progress along it. All you have to do is set up a target that gets in the ballpark, and let it evolve from there.

It's amazing how many people aren't willing to do all of the work themselves, but will gladly critique it when they see it (and now I'm tempted to go back into the character generator and see if I can't actually make my Romulan Tactical Officer... I even have the Admiral uniforms. Let's just hope it doesn't end up like The Final Frontier).

EDIT: Wrong name for the movie. I'm ashamed.

More EDIT: At least for a Romulan, the top two traits I can think of would be Physical Strength and Aggressive, given their similarity to Vulcans (physically), and their vastly different cultural mindset (Aggressive subbing in for Logical, in this case).

Cardassians, though... That's a toughie. I'm going to have to research it a bit more, as I'm really only familiar with the Obsidian Order/Tal Shiar via Garak. And one person should never be a shining example of a culture!

Further EDIT: Fix'd. I forgot about Aggressive...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Heh. Sorry about that... Don't think of it as pressure, though! Think of it as a chance to get some collaboration between fellow enthusiasts. Something that you don't have to do entirely by yourself, because people are obviously going to be giving their own feedback to as you progress along it. All you have to do is set up a target that gets in the ballpark, and let it evolve from there.

It's amazing how many people aren't willing to do all of the work themselves, but will gladly critique it when they see it (and now I'm tempted to go back into the character generator and see if I can't actually make my Romulan Tactical Officer... I even have the Admiral uniforms. Let's just hope it doesn't end up like The Final Frontier).

EDIT: Wrong name for the movie. I'm ashamed.

More EDIT: At least for a Romulan, the top two traits I can think of would be Physical Strength and Soldier, given their similarity to Vulcans (physically), and their vastly different cultural mindset (Soldier subbing in for Logical, in this case).

Cardassians, though... That's a toughie. I'm going to have to research it a bit more, as I'm really only familiar with the Obsidian Order/Tal Shiar via Garak. And one person should never be a shining example of a culture!
Note: When I post, I jump around like a Kurt Vonnegut novel.

I love Garak. But he's definitely not your run of the mill Cardassian. :p In general, they're a very militaristic people, so their traits will follow suit, I suppose. I could see two or three types of Cardassians: Soldiers, Spies, and politicians.

We saw Gul Dukat do his military thing quite often. Garak as a spy. In one or two episodes, we got to see the Cardassian's crazy judicial system. There's room for politics. But in what culture isn't there? Could be pruned.

You pretty much hit Romulan traits dead on. Pretty straightforward.

As soon as I posted the Cardassian tutorial, I showed a friend the screenshot and he loved it. Perhaps these "How to" posts will start a trend. I'd love to see more people follow suit.

I'll do a small Romulan one ASAP, but there isn't that much too it so I'll probably just combine it with something else, if not this post?

Baww server downtime.

Hooray it's up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Lieutenant Rin Karam, child of Cardassian exiles, reporting for duty. Nice guide, that's essentially how I did mine (we may vary slightly on skin tone, don't remember exactly what I used, except that it was gray).

Chiming in on traits: There's a brief line in Memory Alpha . . . "The Cardassians were known for their photographic memories, and some even had the ability to resist a Vulcan mind meld." Based on this, I went with Mental Disciplines (or I believe that's what it's called).

Personally, I also chose Soldier, Aggressive, and Efficient, for a variety of reasons ranging from racial to upbringing to personality.

Just tossing that in there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Cardie Female picture posted. I apologize in advance- I had to give her a cute haircut. However, you can't see her blueish forehead detail.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 PM.