Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-06-2010, 11:41 AM
great work
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
What to me makes a Cardassian more than anything is there rather standarn outfit. It is a damn shame that the Klingon faction has such limited clothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Regarding Cardassians being in the Starfleet; the Starfleet had bajorans among its ranks years before Bajor officially became a member of the Federation. The Starfleet now also have accepted Ferengis from The Path to 2409. So it isn't that farfetched to see cardies in the Starfleet. They would be a minority just like benzites, bajorans (Pre-Federation Membership), trills, and so on. There wont be a lot of them, but I can see them running around in a SF uniform
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
Regarding Cardassians being in the Starfleet; the Starfleet had bajorans among its ranks years before Bajor officially became a member of the Federation. The Starfleet now also have accepted Ferengis from The Path to 2409. So it isn't that farfetched to see cardies in the Starfleet. They would be a minority just like benzites, bajorans (Pre-Federation Membership), trills, and so on. There wont be a lot of them, but I can see them running around in a SF uniform
The backstory would sure be interesting though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
My recipe goes a bit further in terms of the body.

SHORT TORSO
long legs.
Wide shoulders.. bulk up the shoulders as much as you can.
Arms should be a bit longish too.
Wide neck (I went for widest possible)
long neck.

The end result is a vaguely short, triangular torso.. with long limbs and neck. You probably also want to go with a slicked back hairstyle for females as well.

SKin colour should be either yellowish, barely greenishgrey, or greyish. You can go for a more brown colour, but their appearance is generally reptillian, so you may wish to take that into consideration.

Grim thin lips, and a somewhat smallish head compared to the rest of the body.

Example

Of course, a lot of that "Cardassian shape" was really optical effects created by the lines of the costume, and padding.. but that's what most people will recognize "as Cardassian looking".. since we're not as-yet able to access other faction costumes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-07-2010, 01:54 AM
You have been featured! Guides are in and Kayd is glaring from my front page news.

It is 4 am here and my brain may have stopped hours ago. I will double check the guides tomorrow. Let me know if you wish anything changed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-07-2010, 02:47 AM
This is great and its really fun to get Cardassians in the game (my favourite species). If you don't mind waiting a few months however they will be adding the Cardassians as a faction. The Romulans too!

As far as speculation goes the Romulans are apparantly the first to come along.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
This is great and its really fun to get Cardassians in the game (my favourite species). If you don't mind waiting a few months however they will be adding the Cardassians as a faction. The Romulans too!

As far as speculation goes the Romulans are apparantly the first to come along.
I had seen that. :p
A preview of things to come, then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
The backstory would sure be interesting though.
I actually gave mine a backstory in the bio block. I know, silly me, nobody ever looks there.

Long story short, in canon the Dominion razed Cardassia at the end of the war in retaliation for trying to rebel. I just had it where my captain's parents left Cardassia after that to start somewhere else, and ended up in Federation territory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edymnion View Post
I actually gave mine a backstory in the bio block. I know, silly me, nobody ever looks there.

Long story short, in canon the Dominion razed Cardassia at the end of the war in retaliation for trying to rebel. I just had it where my captain's parents left Cardassia after that to start somewhere else, and ended up in Federation territory.
It's not silly at all. It's a role playing game.

I'm a roleplayer. :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM.