Lt. Commander
# 1 Things needed to improve PVP
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
This is just my observations, but I'd like to see other people add in what they think should be added to improve the PVP experience.

I'm not calling for nerfs or anything like that, or changes to either side, what I'd like to do is identify functional changes that could improve PVP in general.

For starters:

Auto Team OR the ability to see allies on the map.

Right now you can only see team mates or allies if they are close by. When you zone into the instance you should be able to instantly find out where your allies are on the map so you aren't left searching.

Limit PVP launches until the teams are at least 2/3 full on each side and provide a staging area before the match starts.

As it is, most Klingons are queing up constantly for PVP so they start with a full force of 5 players, while Feds just trickle in as they remember to queue. The result isn't pretty and we've all been there. A solution to this would be a 15 or 20 second wait before ships can move when a match starts to allow the teams to zone in and get ready to fight as a team.

I'm sure there are more things people can think of, lets see what we can come up with. Please try to be constructive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Teams are limited to 5.. So display all the friendly players on the map.. So annoying when you join mid-game try to figure out where your buddies are.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah its pretty stupid they did the wait thing backwards IMO you should not have to wait after a pvp match is over to leave it should be the other way around, to ensure at least you are not going against 5 people to your 1 cause atm the que system sucks really bad.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Well it's slightly better than the former system, in which you could see all the positions of your opponents and none of your friendlies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Please, see attached. Sorry so long. Didn't feel like reposting it.

Enhanced PvP Contribution System
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
There needs to be a system in place so if people click no then the round is canceled until an equal minimum number of players is reached to start a round.

Loading in to find its 2 v 5 is just retarded.

Something also needs to be done about the people who think the pvp system is an afk leveling zone where they shoot one guy then go afk.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi_
Something also needs to be done about the people who think the pvp system is an afk leveling zone where they shoot one guy then go afk.
Which mine and cocoa-jin's idea relates to. They wouldn't get anything while the people killing them would get contribution points. They would just keep getting a higher KvD ratio.