Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Servers Down??
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Anyword on how long??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Historically an hour or two. But, I haven't heard word one today.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I just kicked off and can't seem to log back in. Wondering if it has to do with the Head Start ending. Does anyone know how long I have to enter my retail key before I get kicked off? My software is not supposed to arrive until next week even though I ordered it a long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
I just kicked off and can't seem to log back in. Wondering if it has to do with the Head Start ending. Does anyone know how long I have to enter my retail key before I get kicked off? My software is not supposed to arrive until next week even though I ordered it a long time ago.
Judgeing from the slowness here on cryptic's websites (both STO and CO) i say its an issue with Cryptic's ISP or server going POOOF
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
Should not be based on retail. My key is from a boxed product, and I have zero connection.

The servers are up, as indicated by the login app, however their DB must be offline.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I lost connection about 10 mins ago and am stuck at login. Sigh. One mob to go to complete mish...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah, originally my loader was saying that the servers were still up and that my username and password were invalid. That was what was really worrying me. Now the loader says the server is down so I feel a little better.

However, I would still like to know the answer to my other question regarding the length of the Head Start promo. Does anyone know when that officially ends?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
nice... down just in time for me to get home from work.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I just finished making my character then the server went down. unbelievable. the galaxy rests in my hands, but only when the servers up...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Currently Cryptic is getting the greenlight and funds from Atari for more server overhead. I have spoken directly to Jack Emmert (Cryptic Co Founder) and Phil Dean (Director of Customer Operations) and they are aware of everything we are experiencing. The confirmed the server issue, and its Atari who gives the funds and the ok for more server space. They are also in the process of hiring more support staff for the game, so don't worry. They are working as fast as possible to get the game back up for us.

I recommend you read my post about what jack and phil said.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=104625