Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Wow...First Friday evening post go-live in the United States and the server crashes due to... (please choose one of the following):

1) Forgot to feed the Hamster
2) Spilled a Coke on the server
3) Never paid the power bill
4) Have known since OB that the single shard strategy coulldn't handle the demand and still don't have enough servers/bandwidth to handle it

Please pick your choice now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
We would just like to take a moment to tell you how thrilled we are that you all have managed to make our servers take another dump, and how excited we are for future dumps! Without you, our players, we wouldn't be able to hose our servers nearly as often!.

Keep up the good work!
-Management
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
this is a result of too low server capacity and too many players.....

if cryptic is not responding to this they will loose accounts after the 30 days free period....

ok we are still in some kind of beta phase(every mmog in the first 1/2 is in some kind of beta as i said earlier....)
but SERVER CAPACITY is NOT included in a beta...thats just an easy to solve technical problem....

SO DO IT.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
even the forum loads very very slow at least for me.....
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 03:20 PM
They are working to increase capacity by this weekend. though again I will reiterate what I have been saying since beta.. Server isnt there only issue, I believe they are missing a vital point and thats their bandwidth allocation. "They just dunna have enough of it"
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenda
I see on the main page server maintenance as server status. few minutes ago I got disconnected. I managed to get back on however when I went back into the mission that I had been doing for the past 15 minutes I have been loading into that system for over 5 minutes already. (however since I was able to log back in I assume eather the server is down or my internet is on the fritz)
Yea same in the middle of fleet actually at the end and poof came back got courage to try again and poof gone again. just not meant to be i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
right ...in my eyes...bandwidth is part of the complex 'server capacity'.....

so you are absolutely right :-)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disti View Post
this is a result of too low server capacity and too many players.....

if cryptic is not responding to this they will loose accounts after the 30 days free period....

ok we are still in some kind of beta phase(every mmog in the first 1/2 is in some kind of beta as i said earlier....)
but SERVER CAPACITY is NOT included in a beta...thats just an easy to solve technical problem....

SO DO IT.....
They are holding out for more money, 1 million accounts just isn't enough for them
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
i played jumpgate(classic) since beta...i played eve online since beta.....i played age of conan since beta(i tried wow but after 4 week.....you know what i mean..too colourful)....

EVERY of these games had the same problem sto has right now(spontan server crashes,unexpected downtimes and so on) sto is not different to other games in their first half year.....

it will be better after this period...they just have to work hard and we will have a great game....

if they work on end content...

and remove the level cap.....:p
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disti View Post
america comes online and the server explodes....

GIVE US AN EU SERVER HOLY **** :p
[Phoenix Wright mode]
Objection!
Something like this clearly contradict the (Cryptic) witnesses testimony that there is and will ever be just one server![/Phoenix Wright mode]

Honestly... it would only result in people being frced to play on their regional Servers, and honestly I do NOT want to play on a German or EU Server.