Lt. Commander
# 121
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Some things I remember from my many years of playing MMOs - most of you aren't old enough to remember (or know) that:

World of ******** had near daily "downtimes" the first month - then had to have major skill/class revamps 3 months into the game due to major balance mess-ups (ex: Warrior revamp #1). Shoot, I played on Azjol-Nerub since day 1 of WoW, and it still crashed nightly (and still does to this day).

Star Wars Galaxies had daily "downtimes" the first couple of months - Heck, SWG had daily downtimes period. I don't need to mention what Sony did to that game...

Dark Age of Camelot had "downtimes" at least 4 times per week the first few months of the game that would last nearly all day. Their "scheduled maintenance" would often last several hours.

Age of Conan - do I really need to go into the issues that game had?

EQ - Another Sony game - need I say more?

And the list goes on and on of the games I've played over the years - point being - not a single one of them had a "perfect" or "flawless" launch. It took all of them a while to "iron out the bugs," and those that didn't - the games died.

Honestly, in my experiences, this has been one of the smoothest game launches I've experienced in a while. Have a little more patience imo.
Lt. Commander
# 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsebutchr View Post
Where is Sulu?
Doing the Sulu Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ynb20P898k
Lt. Commander
# 123 hmm
Lifetime subscription to star trek offline - priceless.
Lt. Commander
# 124
cry me a damn river... the game just released servers are fickle and yes it was beta tested but that dosnt mean the damn thing is going to be perfect. i've never played an mmo thats had perfect performance right out of the gate and on the heaviest days i.e. the weekend. get over your self for being little children and just get up for a little while, go for a walk or something .
Lt. Commander
# 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piqure Myself
Dead serious. Would you tell Ford 'It's okay." if the engine fell out of your car once a week? I work as a network engineer. This is poor app development or insufficient capacity planning. Either way, theres no excuse for it.
That might be the case. Im a cop not a techie so I cant present a better argument on that issue. I guess In my case Ignorance is bliss. And I sure hope it stays that way.
Lt. Commander
# 126
KHAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!

KHHhhaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!

aaaaarrrrrnnnn..
Lt. Commander
# 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hey guys! Once again I want to apologize, in my rush to get the message that the servers were down, something glitched a little bit. I got it fixed as quickly as possible but you guys are too fast for me! This is obviously not scheduled maintenance, and we should be back up and running soon. Thanks for your patience guys, and sorry again for the confusion!
No ETA?? if you dont know when youll be back online COMMUNICATE!!! Say what when wrong and tell us what u are doing.. it will save u a lot of angry gamers

Further more,

STO IS THE BEST!!!
Lt. Commander
# 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdar
Seriously? This is the first unplanned outage that they have had this week and your ****ing and moaning about it? Frankly I think their launch went extremely smooth compared to many others that I have been in. Obviously it was something that needed to be taken care of right now or they would have waited to a planned outage. Relax, it will be back up soon.
The Captain made me do it! No seriously, I'm more bored then anything. I've actually be quite impressed (other this the head start phase, but, understandable with new systems).

Care to relax with me and the Captain?
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I like the big red notification
Lt. Commander
# 130
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm glad you guys were on top of it this time! Very nice succinct post at least letting us know you were working on the system

I am bummed that it happened on a Friday during prime time hours, but I do realize it is a new game and the population is incredible. I also know that hardware software issues are not always easily fixed in a timely manner

Keep up the great work! I am already trying to think of the cool things you guys might add to the game down the road. With the fan base for this game I could see this spanning several years. I'll make my suggestions in another thread.
Closed Thread