Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground abilties always missing
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Every time that I do a ground mission, two of my abilities are not in my bar at the bottom. I have to add them every time.

Is there a way to make them stick in there or is this a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:50 PM
*bump*

Any help?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Maybe if you give us more info, we can help you.

Like what kind of character your playing, feds or klingon, name of abilities, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Maybe if you give us more info, we can help you.

Like what kind of character your playing, feds or klingon, name of abilities, etc.
Sorry, didn't realize that would make a difference.

I'm playing a Federation character.

My exploit attack and melee attack are never on my quickbar when I beam down. I always have to open my abilities window and add them to the quickbar. It's really quite annoying.

Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I also have this issue. I am playing a Bajorin Engineer. When i go on away missions, my weapon attacks are always missing. I have to manually add them every time. As you can imagine, this makes away mission pvp a dangerous thing.

Steps Ive take to try and fix this are that i have deleted the GamePrefs.pref file in the hopes that it would reset. But it did not. Also, having a problem with my space bar defaulting to one ability bar instead of the two i have it set to everytime i zone to a new map or instance.

Not really sure what else there is to do. I created a second character and the issue does not persist with the new character. I actually am starting to believe its a bug in the server side database for my character.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Same for me....exploit and melee attack missing. I'm also playing federation. I have to put them back every single ground mission, as well as while in spacedock (not that I use them there.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize that would make a difference.

I'm playing a Federation character.

My exploit attack and melee attack are never on my quickbar when I beam down. I always have to open my abilities window and add them to the quickbar. It's really quite annoying.

Thanks for any help.
Same thing happens to me. I also lose my engineering special ability in space mode. Happens every time I log off and back on. I have to re-add them to the button bar.

Also, the button bars go back to 1 row (I have 2 row, normal and Alt by default)

This seems to be related to the server overloads and crashing. All was fine yesterday, but as I'm sure you're aware, there's been slightly more subscription into the game than expected.

Supposedly, this weekend's outage is supposed to involve substantial additional server equipment. Once that's done, config settings should be more reliably saved.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaminmo View Post
Supposedly, this weekend's outage is supposed to involve substantial additional server equipment. Once that's done, config settings should be more reliably saved.
Hope so!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm in the same boat. My #1 and #2 abilities disapear on every away mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Add me to the list as well, but only my exploit power in spot #2. I bugged it in game as well, I suggest you all do the same as well. That way it might move up in the priority list of fixes.