Rihannsu
# 11
03-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swalldev View Post
I wanted to stop by in the art forum and say hello...
Welcome aboard!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
03-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the forums!

I'd like to join my colleagues in putting forward some Foundry issues. My take on your post is you were looking for environmental related bugs to squash. We have a great Foundry bug thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=839541

It includes some environmental issues such as custom space lighting not functioning and on the old Qonos Great Hall maps, which are also still used in Cryptic missions I think, there are parts of the map geometry that seem to be tagged as "high detail objects" so that people using lower graphics settings with that option turned off will see that geometry disappear. Here's a picture.

Again, welcome to the forums. We're glad to hear from you.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 13
03-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum swalldev. I just hope you know what your letting yourself in for here on the forum. Good luck
Live long and Prosper
Commander
# 14
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Shouldn't the iconian gate on New Romulus look different from the purple ones, seeing as its millennia older.

Also will we see some new home worlds like Teller prime, or Gornar. Or are you just gonna improve existing ones?
Empire Veteran
Welcome Swalldev!

Ok.. let me run this by..

Yesterday in game we had a little dance party going at Drozana station... untill the troll got so intense with the abuse and exploiting the bug with the party amps we decided to retire from the field and take to social event to a private bridge instance.

We had something like 30-40 folk hanging out before the gathering was so obscured by apparently smoke grenades, excessive use of party amps including what is apparently a further exploit work around that some folks have discovered that allows them to be placed well with in the supposed distance limits.. I'm really hating those stupid toys, and party popper toys. We moved onto a private ship instance(s) I hosted up on my Korath Temporal bridge, and the over flow was picked up by another player.

We ran right up against the 20 person limit in ship instances. It was really frustrating.
Here we had a fairly massive in game social gathering happening. People actually participating!
The DJ hosting the show was in favor of moving the party, so the party got moved. BUt we did have to break the party up in to seperate groups... when it was done, we'd lost some participants. My ship was full up, and the over flow was a mear 5 folk on another ship.. it is difficult to achive that group rapport when you group cant be together in the virtual setting.

Can we please see private ship instance limits raised to say.. 50 player pop cap? Now, we would all love to be able to do our socializing dancing parties in the games existing social zones.. but we don't have bouncers so, we are going to have to make do. In a private instance where if someone is being disruptive, they can be removed by the host of the instance. In public instances.. we are stuck with them.

Um,,,,, enviorment... do social toys ie: party poppers, subspace party amp fall in your dept?
If the Party amps do.. jump in game and observe the effects of the party amp... and then read the tool tip. Those things are BROKEN! Be nice to have the number one troll toy fixed..
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 16
03-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Gruess Gott and welcome in the madhouse

Ahm... What happened to the former lead EVO Artist?
Captain
# 17
03-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Good, fresh meat.... I mean welcome.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
03-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Swallrus isn't so fresh. He's one of the few people on STO who has been here the longest.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 19
03-12-2014, 09:31 PM
So we talked to the henchmen the whole time?

Good to see that Swallrus passed the P.R. test and is allowed now to speak directly to us
Career Officer
# 20
03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
SWall made the TOS interior for STO. Glad to see you are still on the team!
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link