Lt. Commander
# 1 I enjoy KDF
04-01-2014, 05:47 PM
I just want to say that lately, I haven't been able to get into my Fed chars, or my Fed Aligned Romulan as much lately, but on the other hand, I happily made a new Ferasan to play through the low level KDF missions again. I even made a new Romulan a while back, just so I can make her KDF aligned. Just wanted to put it out there, that there are still people new to KDF that enjoy playing that side.
Captain
# 2
04-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I myself rather enjoy my Ferasan, and I have been thinking about making another. But I do have only one complaint, and that is a major issue. The default clothing is skin-tight, which means that to buy clothing that actually looks good requires me to spend at least 20-40 million EC to buy the Voth and Korath uniforms for him. So before I can even create him, I already have 40 million EC invested into him.

But in the end, the reason I will not create another character is because of the reputation garbage. The only way I can be pained into creating another character is during the Summer or Winter Event, so I can let the parrots do all the reputation work for me. But at any other time of year, forget it. I am not doing that. No.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Rihannsu
# 3
04-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
I myself rather enjoy my Ferasan, and I have been thinking about making another. But I do have only one complaint, and that is a major issue. The default clothing is skin-tight, which means that to buy clothing that actually looks good requires me to spend at least 20-40 million EC to buy the Voth and Korath uniforms for him. So before I can even create him, I already have 40 million EC invested into him.

But in the end, the reason I will not create another character is because of the reputation garbage. The only way I can be pained into creating another character is during the Summer or Winter Event, so I can let the parrots do all the reputation work for me. But at any other time of year, forget it. I am not doing that. No.
well, after S9 and using sponsor tokens, you'll only need 855 marks to fully finish any given rep...that's what - 9 elder birds per rep?

undine will require double, of course, since you won't be able to sponsor that one until after it gets finished once
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 04-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-02-2014, 05:05 AM
I'm glad to hear that, OP.

I have said this many times, but I rather enjoy the KDF myself. A lot. There's a certain charm to the faction that makes it very fun to play, the Klingon storylines have a very authentic feel - not to mention the cool looking ships.

@lindaleff

The parrots are the way to go. Personally, I hate the idea of flying around in confined space a.k.a. Seasons 8 and 9 and if I never see another dinosaur in ST it will be too soon.
That's why I rely on the epohhs, the MU and soon to come parrots to fill up those reps. and I'm good to go.
Captain
# 5
04-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Might be a bit less than that ~900 marks by the time the parrots roll around...

Remember, they're doing that "reputation revamp" where every rep chain has a daily and hourly - and early reports are that the "daily" will need around 30 marks per...

Holding off on Rommie rep on the 3 alts I'm repping right now till the end of this month and S9 drops...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-03-2014, 09:28 AM
when i began sto i created a Ferengi (Tarsudo@tarsudo) as Eng captain in Fed side... i asked my friends: Why the ferengi only can be created in FED side? but... the game is the game with his restrictions...

Later for recomendation of my friends I created a Joined Trill (Ixchel@tarsudo) in KDF side... i really enjoy the missions for KDF... for me the best mission (in elite mode) is Pi Canis Path of The Warrior.

That mission require a good team mates or a good strategies for win all optional

KDF side is really amazing

Qapla'

Note: i know we have troubles with customize clothes, ships and other things
Lieutenant
# 7
04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I have a toon in each faction, I shift between the three of them, but I do enjoy the KDF side alot.

My KDF toon is an Andorian created via create-an-alien. I figured her story was similar to Worf's but on the KDF side of things. Her parents may have been killed in a raid. There is no honor in killing a defenseless child. She was adopted by a Klingon family, raised with Klingon values....which was a rather natural transition since Andorians deep down share a warrior's heart.

That aside my KDF toon is my reputation leader, I send her through the reputation first, then send the double rep token thing to the other toons.

Cheers
TJ
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokitty View Post
I just want to say that lately, I haven't been able to get into my Fed chars, or my Fed Aligned Romulan as much lately, but on the other hand, I happily made a new Ferasan to play through the low level KDF missions again. I even made a new Romulan a while back, just so I can make her KDF aligned. Just wanted to put it out there, that there are still people new to KDF that enjoy playing that side.
I'm mainly a KDF player but its been a while since I replayed the lower level story arcs.

I also started a Ferasan too!! His name is Mr Mittens. He was going to be a ground specced toon but there is no point building up for it or running alts when this new trait respec system comes in. Good thing for me though, I no longer have to waste money on buying extra character slots... Looks like cryptic loses yet again.

Have fun on your new KDF toon!! I'm glad that there are people out there enjoying the superior race still.

Qapla'!
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-07-2014, 01:58 AM
give that Feresan a kitty
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Rihannsu
# 10
04-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I'm glad that there are people out there enjoying the superior race still.
superior? HA! we rihannsu are the superior race!

just look at how our mighty warbirds can destroy in seconds what it takes your ships minutes to destroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic