Lt. Commander
OK, I know the devs are probably being bombarded and it's not realistic for me to expect this anytime soon with all they have to deal with BUT I think there is a big segment of potential gameplay not being addressed... Civilians. With civilians you could be a transporter/smuggler, a real crafter, bounty hunter, miner, farmer, etc.. Civilians have their own problems too, getting searched and held up by Star Fleet or dealing with attacks from the Klingons, getting thrown in prison or being attacked by crazy alien plants etc.

I think it opens up a different aspect of game play and since you wouldn't really have to create new races for them it would be kind of an easy add(if you don't count the need for innovative missions, set of ships and such haha).

Guess it could be an eventual expansion pack.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnieves View Post
OK, I know the devs are probably being bombarded and it's not realistic for me to expect this anytime soon with all they have to deal with BUT I think there is a big segment of potential gameplay not being addressed... Civilians. With civilians you could be a transporter/smuggler, a real crafter, bounty hunter, miner, farmer, etc.. Civilians have their own problems too, getting searched and held up by Star Fleet or dealing with attacks from the Klingons, getting thrown in prison or being attacked by crazy alien plants etc.

I think it opens up a different aspect of game play and since you wouldn't really have to create new races for them it would be kind of an easy add(if you don't count the need for innovative missions, set of ships and such haha).

Guess it could be an eventual expansion pack.
That's not a bad idea really, but I would say that most of the expansions in this area will come with playable factions first. Then the question becomes what is the end-game for a "civilian"? There are plenty of avenues that could be used, but I don't see Cryptic branching out that far, at least not with this one.