Lt. Commander
Don't know about everyone else, but I never get any warning when the server goes down for it's daily maintenance.

I propose that when the server goes down in the middle of someone's mission, that person automatically be finished that mission when the server comes back up, with an option to redo it if they want to.

This would make many people happy, especially the 50 or so that were doing a fleet action with me: "The Planet breaker" where we only had a few artillery spotters left.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
It's launch, these things are expected. Every time I got into something major in this game right now, it's always in the back of my mind that the server will crash. Frustrating yes, unexpected no.

Now, a month down the line and this is still happening, I would be up in arms.
Lt. Commander
To me, it was a server crash not a maintenance. The reason is that we were several to get kicked one time about 2 mn before the general interuption. Beside there has been maintenance in the past and so far GMs were notifying players
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I want an Aston Martin
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Cryptic make no guarantees about server uptime.

Whine elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
All that still will not give me 2 hours worth of mission time back.

Compensation is requested.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm not a fanboi... I guess I'm one of the most critical posters here, especially because of Cryptics catering towards the casual players (to me, a "casual M ->M<- ORPG - player" is a contradiction in itself, but maybe I'm too old or something).

However.

I don't want to see a compensation. Granting a compensation would mean more pressure on the technical department - and pressure is bad. Stuff takes the same time under pressure but quality goes downhill.

So please NO compensation for any downtimes. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I would like four fried chickens...... and a coke.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
It would not be hard to add mission autocompletion to the program in the advent of server dump.

It would also be nice if the people who try to make a joke of threads like this see a greater portion of the server dumps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
I'm not a fanboi... I guess I'm one of the most critical posters here, especially because of Cryptics catering towards the casual players (to me, a "casual M ->M<- ORPG - player" is a contradiction in itself, but maybe I'm too old or something).

However.

I don't want to see a compensation. Granting a compensation would mean more pressure on the technical department - and pressure is bad. Stuff takes the same time under pressure but quality goes downhill.

So please NO compensation for any downtimes. Thank you.
I sign.

I don't like the "signing" habit but I have nothing to add and I agree.

So I sign.