Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
No compensation needed, it was a server crash and to be honest, i think we have been quite lucky compared to a lot of other MMO's in their release week.

Its annoying as hell yes, but it is also expected.

Go call your grandma, tell her you love her, have a chat for a while and the server will be back up, and you get a bigger present at next birthday / Christmas, whichever comes first Also you might learn something from the old person
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I propose that when the server goes down in the middle of someone's mission, that person automatically be finished that mission when the server comes back up, with an option to redo it if they want to.
I'd be pretty annoyed if it finished the mission for me and I don't particularly want a retry option. The storyline missions atm continue from the start of the last stage which I like.

The fleet action missions like breaking the planet are just on an endless cycle and people can do them as many times as they need. If you want to get to about the same place, try entering the mission and then on the area map change the instance you're in until you find one at about the same place.
Lt. Commander
# 13
You are enabling a bad trend. I will watch all of you fanbois and pounce if you dare to post anything negative about maintenance from now on.

My Grandparents and Parents are dead.

Don't say stupid blanket statements like that unless you know someone.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Ill take a 2011 bentley thanks.. oh I want mine the bullet proof one hmm color hmm.. metallic blue maybe
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
You are enabling a bad trend. I will watch all of you fanbois and pounce if you dare to post anything negative about maintenance from now on.
What bad trend? Just think, what if Jackalope saw my post, sat back and thoughtfully stroked his chin... "Hmmmm, you know he might be on to something. Aston Martin's for all!"

Boy, wouldn't you feel foolish then....
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Fanbois.............
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_Mittens View Post
It's launch, these things are expected. Every time I got into something major in this game right now, it's always in the back of my mind that the server will crash. Frustrating yes, unexpected no.

Now, a month down the line and this is still happening, I would be up in arms.
"Its only Beta, we should expect this". Yes expect these types of comments for MONTHS. In 3 months it will be "Oh but the game is only 3 months old so of course it isnt stable or has endgame content, it will come"
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
lol, if we don't agree with you for the compensation thing it means we don't have the right to be upset about the server crash ?

C'm'on man, you can't be serious, lol.

I'm very upset ith this crash but I'm not going to whine for a compensation. If it upsets me too much, I just quit the game, period.

You paid for the right to play the game when possible but when servers crash, it's not possible...you have to live with it.

Don't think ppl are happy with this situation, nobody obviously is happy here...but it's not really important, is it ?
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektu
I would like four fried chickens...... and a coke.
Good one. I also like your avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 20
I am very serious, if these people worked for me they would at least be in trouble if not.... "down for maintenance"