Lt. Commander
# 31
02-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraden
Jackalope clearly stated in the Pre-Order Q&A the following:
"More than a skin. The Boff will also possess special innate traits. Heck, let me give you the names: Borg Nanites, Neural Blast and Efficiency."

While I have yet to see my Borg Bridge officer use the Neural Blast, some people have stated they have. So I'll throw you a rope on that one and give it to you. The Borg Nanites is suppose to be a health regen correct? I suppose it's kinda of hard to tell how effective that skill is working, so I'll throw you another rope on that one and go with the fact that it's working. My problem however is with the Efficiency. When your Borg Bridge Officer is assigned no ship stats change. When it's suppose to provide the following:
+5 Starship Shield Efficiency
+5 Starship Engine Efficiency
+5 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
+5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency

I created a new character to even test this theory, I examined my ship stats, then compared them too after I had my Borg Bridge Officer join the crew and guess what... no change! But now that I think about it... I didn't even get my boosted stats for being a Liberated Borg, which I made the new character. And I'm fairly certain my existing character did? I'd log in to confirm this but the server seems to be down yet again. Am I just completely misunderstanding what Efficiency is suppose to do? Is it not suppose to boost the power levels 5 above the max on each of the above? If that's what it's suppose to do, you guys need to look into this further because clearly it's not working still.
Actually the Liberated Borg Captain has the Efficiency's not the Bridge officer. As for what it's suppose to do I'd like to know as well.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-06-2010, 01:54 AM
As others have pointed out, the borg bridge officer was stated to have the efficient trait (it even still says this on the STO retail page if you mouse over it).

The borg efficient trait is currently not working, and this is easy to prove for anyone who is a commander or higher (the efficient trait doesn't seem to kick in until you have points in the efficiency captain skill).

With no boffs equipped except my borg boff, my power levels are 103/100 61/50 40/25 44/25

With no boffs equipped except an uncommon saurian engineering officer with the efficient trait my power levels are 103/100 61/50 41/25 45/25 (the efficient trait gives more the lower your power levels are set).

It would be nice to get some sort of dev response that they are looking into this.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm still waiting for my amazon.com preorder to arrive...they're usually quite good about getting an order to me within a day or two of release so it's a bit odd. It's good to know about this skill issue ahead of time, because I've been saving a ton of BO skill points for my Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-06-2010, 08:31 AM
My Borg Boff has been using her Superior Neural Blast, so I can confirm it is working, for some people at least.

She doesn't use it often, but she uses it.

It would be handy if the devs could add an option for us to take screenshots with the UI intact, so we could takes pics to confirm things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't buy it.

Not only is the efficent trait missing from the Liberated Borg Boff the trait was also removed from my first green Saurian boff award upon claming. I've had an open ticket on both these issues but still no response from GM support.

I'd like what was advertised; the very reason I cancelled my STEAM order and purchased from Amazon.

Do we have an ETA when we can expect a fix for this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Help me out here. I'm now LC6 tactical officer. I played during the headstart. Last night I logged on to get my BBO, and it indicated she was available. The first few days after the launch Feb 2, it indicated she wasn't available. So yesterday I double clicked on it and it indicated it was available but i didn't see it in my assignments tab. Do I need to go back to the starbase in Sol to claim? Also, at this time, I have an engineer how is loaded with skills i really need and i accidently took another engineer. I didn't know the BBO was going to be an engineer, so with that said, can i get rid of one of the engineers to make room for the BBO or can i change the BBO to tactical?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulton
Help me out here. I'm now LC6 tactical officer. I played during the headstart. Last night I logged on to get my BBO, and it indicated she was available. The first few days after the launch Feb 2, it indicated she wasn't available. So yesterday I double clicked on it and it indicated it was available but i didn't see it in my assignments tab. Do I need to go back to the starbase in Sol to claim? Also, at this time, I have an engineer how is loaded with skills i really need and i accidently took another engineer. I didn't know the BBO was going to be an engineer, so with that said, can i get rid of one of the engineers to make room for the BBO or can i change the BBO to tactical?
When claimed from the C-Store the Borg Bridge Officer shows up in your inventor, when you right click on her you can then have her join. Make sure you select Join and not Train, if you train you'll lose her. And she's Engineer only.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Understood. Thanks. Is there a way to remove a bridge crew officer?
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Yup, you can look at their paper doll and there's a button to discharge if memory serves me. I'm not in game so I can look up step by step but it's something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptRanger View Post
Actually the Liberated Borg Captain has the Efficiency's not the Bridge officer. As for what it's suppose to do I'd like to know as well.
Actually both are suppose to have to have it. If you read my post you'll see I quoted Jackalope, someone that works for Cryptic, clearly stated that the Borg Bridge Officer is suppose to have Efficiency.