Captain
# 11
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Only thing that the ships could use is some ensign stations turned to universal. Other than that, I think they are fine the way they are.
Career Officer
# 12
03-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
I think he was making a try at being blatantly sarcastic.

Hence the emote at the end.
well he of all people should know sarcasm doesnt translate over a computer screen .
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 13
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Armaments (Memory Alpha):
Defiant: 1 quad cannon, 3 phaser arrays, 6 torpedo tubes
Galaxy: 10 phaser arrays, 6 torpedo tubes
Intrepid: 18 phaser arrays, 5 torpedo tubes

A regular cube decimates a small fleet. Voyager takes on a tac cube alone.

Of course you can't give a ship in game 10 beam arrays, much less 18. Still, delegating Voyager to Science slot is a major oversight on Cryptic's part. There is no shortage of canon science ships which are weak on armaments that remain unused, yet Cryptic decided instead to move the ship with the most firepower of its time in Starfleet to science, and gave it mediocre tac stats.
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
# 14
03-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post

Of course you can't give a ship in game 10 beam arrays, much less 18. Still, delegating Voyager to Science slot is a major oversight on Cryptic's part. There is no shortage of canon science ships which are weak on armaments that remain unused, yet Cryptic decided instead to move the ship with the most firepower of its time in Starfleet to science, and gave it mediocre tac stats.
Sorry to say, but it is laughable to say that the Intrepid class had more firepower than a built for battle warship, or something about 2 times its size and the flagship of the federation.

Last edited by mewmaster101; 03-12-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
Sorry to say, but it is laughable to say that the Intrepid class had more firepower than a built for battle warship, or something about 2 times its size and the flagship of the federation.
voyager did not have the ability to look after itself even against 3 kazon raiders, much less 7 full kazon carriers and that was with some creative thinking on the holographic front with the doctors help even if it wasnt full appreciated at first. the defiant wouldnt have much trouble if it were put up against 3 kazon raiders and it may have a fair chance against perhaps 2 or 3 carriers by itself, but considering how much pressure voyager was under with just 1 firing all its forward beams at voyager and it got lucky that the val jean had to be scuttled into it to save voyager. voyager didnt have the tactical capabilites or the defensive strength, it was something of a minor miracle it survived at all.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post

The intrepid class is listed of having 14 beam arrays on mem alpha. Though there are only 13 visible on the Voyager model though which is noted as a production error.

The Gal has 10 phaser banks split into 12/14 arrays (depends on the ship, the USS Venture has 2 extra on the nacelles ) so it has comparable firepower to the intrepid.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Career Officer
# 17
03-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Sure... if I get my 10'ish respecs it took to get my build to work with my playstyle, I am fine with it... otherwise, no.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 18
03-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
In intrepid class is listed of having 14 beam arrays on mem alpha. Though there are only 13 visible on the Voyager model, a likely production gaff.

The Gal has 10 phaser banks split into 12/14 arrays (depends on the ship, the USS Venture has 2 extra on the nacelles ) so it has comparable firepower to the intrepid.
That means nothing, the amount of power coming from those arrays does though, and it is fairly obvious that the Intrepid would have A LOT less power going through the weapons then the WARship of FLAGship
Empire Veteran
# 19
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
That means nothing, the amount of power coming from those arrays does though, and it is fairly obvious that the Intrepid would have A LOT less power going through the weapons then the WARship of FLAGship
Being the flagship doesn't make the Ent D have access to more power. Another Galaxy class like the Venture would be almost identical.

That aside I don't dispute that the Defiant can likely do a lot more damage thanks to its pulse phasers which are shown to be very powerful.

The Intrepid class though can easily have the same available power as a Galaxy , both ships have the same type 10 long phaser strips and the intrepid class lists a secondary warp assembly on its MSD.
Voyager is not going to be a great example to use as they were often short of fuel and such.
toDuj 'oS rol.

Last edited by zipagat; 03-12-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 20
03-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Fleet defiant just make the ensign tac slot universal that's all

Fleet intrepid could do with a bit more love