Lt. Commander
# 1 This game feels the need....
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
The need....for speed!

There needs to be a "Get us the hell out of here" ability.

When I'm doing sector missions and get 5 fighters, 3 BOPs, and 3 Neg'vhars on me, there is no sane captain in the world that would consider sticking it out.

We need an escape button. Something that warps us say 30 Km away from the battle, and gives us some kind of debuff for 30 second to a minute (disabled weapons would be a good choice).

Right now the game has no fear of death, but I still dislike blowing up, it just doesn't feel "trekish" to me. Give some of the higher up ships the ability to disable the emergency warp button with an ability, cause some times you just can't escape.

Also

Why does flying at full impulse drain all power from all systems but only gives 100 to engines?
I have 85/65/32/45 in power settings, Why does my ship bleed power? Missions are based around getting to your objective, and putting stuff out at 40km+ requires the use of full impulse, but it always results in the same formula... Full impulse to 15, then jump out and regen power until you get to the target.

What I'd like to see is a new state, yellow alert. It keeps your shields charged, and increases speed to something say 75% of full impulse. This would allow ships to impulse right into combat and take a beating while waiting for their weapons to power up.

Finally, why no full impulse during red alert? It should be a tactical decision to divert your power to your engines to get out of dodge.... if you can make it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
If things go bad Evasive maneuvers and things like engine batteries, emergency power to engines can actually get you out of range quite fast.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
there is one. it's called evasive manouvers...plus all power to the engines. i have escaped some pretty lethal situations like that.

what i would like is a keyboard shortcut for redistributing power.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I know about batteries.... however when did you ever hear Picard, Kirk, Sisko, Janeway, or Archer tell their engineers to toss another Energizer in the matrix?