Lt. Commander
# 1 Me or my connection?
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Im constantly getting disconnected. Almost always around noonish and the 6pm to 8pm time block here in Arizona. My internet connection seems to be ok... is the game doing this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countzero83 View Post
Im constantly getting disconnected. Almost always around noonish and the 6pm to 8pm time block here in Arizona. My internet connection seems to be ok... is the game doing this?
SEEMS to be OK? Are you running Cable internet? Are you wired or wireless? Have you run tracerts and ping-t's? Have you check with you ISP to determine if any packet shaping is going on? Have you monitored your incoming bandwidth? If wireless, is it secured? If cable, have you checked your downstream SNR and powerlevel?

Seeming to be ok doesn't mean it is. Need more info.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
SEEMS to be OK? Are you running Cable internet? Are you wired or wireless? Have you run tracerts and ping-t's? Have you check with you ISP to determine if any packet shaping is going on? Have you monitored your incoming bandwidth? If wireless, is it secured? If cable, have you checked your downstream SNR and powerlevel?

Seeming to be ok doesn't mean it is. Need more info.
Woah... that got really techie for me. Cable, wired, checked my connection with a few online tedting programs and it seemed to do well. Talked with Cox Cable (my provider) and they told me to reset my modem by unpluging it which worked at first but then after an hour or two it goes right back to crappy again now its after hours and the automated tech support at Cox doesn't seem to know what to do (can you tell I'm not a computer person) anyway as for the rest of your reply I honestly don't know anything about my pc's snr, powerlevel, or how to monitor bandwidth.... please be gentile I'm new to all this pc stuff.