Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Solnich View Post
Maybe you don't like crafting? Fine if thats not your thing then PEW PEW until your hearts content. But to attract the widest audience Cryptic is going to have to work a little harder on the game content, because as it stands its pretty bare and really heavy on combat.

But I guess this shouldn't be a big surprise as all the previews on STO involved......(suspenseful pause)....COMBAT!
Perhaps they don't want an audience that just goes around collecting stupid BS to make crap items and charge people way more than the item is worth.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I would be in favor of a non-crafting secondary game.. I dunno, diplomacy or technology.. this is Cryptic's chance to make a whole new secondary MMO progression system that is NOT Crafting/collecting. I'd love to see a new, deep system for this. You've got a whole Bridge Crew to do stuff with. They could make entire non-combat stories/puzzles for your away team to enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
ohhh so now its not just an additional junk collecting skill but a full blown class!

I say make all the "crafters" and other lazy bones play ferengi and they can run around scanning crap and salvaging junk...

just dont put their trash in my loot table, force me tio HAVE to "craft" or in anyway be forced to need or buy their goods... cuz all they wanna do is put their over priced goods on the exchange and exploit dumber players for their gold.
"Lazy bones?" Depending on the game, it takes more work to be a successful crafter/trader than it does to be a PvPer.

I agree about not putting crafting resources into the loot tables. Because people like this poster would sell it on the Exchange for a thousand times what it's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I already sold all my anoalous data stacks of 50 for 100 each, made someone pee their pants with happiness
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Solnich View Post
Where Is The Exploration, Crafting
In Mass Effect 2.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
"Lazy bones?" Depending on the game, it takes more work to be a successful crafter/trader than it does to be a PvPer.
Especially in a game with 0 death penalty and no non consensual PVP. STO PVPers are just plain vanilla carebears.