Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Nope. Lack of energy credit sink = no gold farmer business.
Lack of credit sink = massive inflation, more-so than Credit sellers.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
As I see it now, with no money sinks in place, there will be no money to be made from gold sellers.

Thats a good thing. S**g*** 4tl.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonluc
WHAT! are you stupid......I don't want my hard earned credits going down the drain beacuse I die in combat, just because you want a fricken death penalty don't come on here and with some stupid lame ass idea.

Come up something better, and who cares, once everyone starts to hit 45 they will open up content, the orignal lvl was 50, I am sure they got plans month or so down the road......

come back with good ideas jack not lame ass ones
cool story brah

maby you should calm down?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3nko
Lack of credit sink = massive inflation, more-so than Credit sellers.
But there is nothing to spend your money on except for the exhange.... Which consists guesstimated prices for random drops obtained for free in the hopes that someone will be suckered into purchasing rather than just getting the item themselves.

There is no point to a money sink in STO except to create a market for gold farmers since there is no economy to worry about.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Better idea, remove the energy credits period. They arent canon... and the feed the gold-spammers. Replicator and tavern stuff would be free then.

What about gold pressed latinum? O.o
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
@6 million credits 1 < week in, be prepared to pay over a mill for anything decent in the next few weeks/months.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
@6 million credits 1 < week in, be prepared to pay over a mill for anything decent in the next few weeks/months.
You mean some player will take a random loot drop he got for free and put it up for 6,000,000 energy in the hopes that someone will purchase it?

And that is a good reason to implement an energy sink on everyone?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonluc
WHAT! are you stupid......I don't want my hard earned credits going down the drain beacuse I die in combat, just because you want a fricken death penalty don't come on here and with some stupid lame ass idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
Some people take imaginary gold way to seriously,
LOL... agreed Chen...

the OP's idea isnt half bad.. 3000 when dieing as a Cmd would be no skin off my back.. im Cmd 8 right now, im the leader of a fleet, and i just purchased all by myself, my fleets first extra bank tab. and i still have 700k in credits. (2 million for you slow ones)

money will be plentiful once the game gets going.

there are already purple items on the exchange for millions of credits each.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
no credit sink=no farming=no time sink=no long term players

What good is a game if you level up and can buy everything to immediately make your new ship great? Farming is part of the fun. Gives you something to do besides missions.
I want to see you lose your ship when you die. Give them endurance ratings, say like 3, so that if that ship gets killed 3 times it's gone for good. Unless of course you pay a 'refit fee' or something that would allow you to repair your endurance rating.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
or it could be like **** where everything is money sink so even though at first it seems like you earn alot of money it's really not because you'll be spending it all on consumables, mats because you have to craft, death penalty, to get into high level instances, to travel to new zones, fo vendor gear, for crafted gear, etc etc etc etc etc.

make it so that to do missions you have to pay EC. make it so that to use transwarp or get into starbase you have to use EC,make DSEs cost EC, make it so that when you die it costs more and more EC, make it so when you run out of EC you either quit or RMT,

/sarcasm