Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
I had pre-ordered, and I just signed up and bought my lifetime subscription. Problem is my new computer will not be ready till tuesday. Will I have any problems redeaming my BO borg?
As long as you entered the pre-order key (that is the kind of the prerequisite) and the retail key...you will get the Borg BO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Borg BO is tied to the Retail Game code. You should have no problems.
No. It is tied to the Pre-order code and unlocked by the Retail code.

The problem going on currently is that distribuitors sent most of the Pre-Order codes to the wrong locations.

Example.. My Pre-Order key was suppose to be tied to Gamestop, however since I pre-ordered my game from GameStop I should have gotten the TOS Connie, instead, the Pre-Order key came from either Steam or Atari and when I Entered the Retail key, I got the Chromodynamic Armor (Steam Pre-Order) and 500 Cryptic Points (Atari Pre-Order). However I sent Cryptic a support ticket with all my emails and reciepts from Gamestop, including the game keys I recieved.. they applied the TOS connie on my account within 4 hours. However that was launch day before anyone elses Package items and Pre-Order items messed up. I also included the URL for the Gamestop page I ordered from so they could see what my package "promised" when I ordered. Cryptic solved it but with the Distributos screwing up.. there is a pole of emails for Cryptic to sort through and accounts to fix.

Anyhow,

the 1 Exclusive Retailer item ended on Feb. 1, 2010.. Feb. 2, 2010 they were no longer available..

However the DDE and CE and Regular editions and the Sy-Fy, Gold, etc editions are for sale still.

just the Pre-Order bonus item is no longer available (unless your retailer has any left over Pre-Order keys).
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiEvil
As long as you entered the pre-order key (that is the kind of the prerequisite) and the retail key...you will get the Borg BO.
Incorrect

the Pre-Order key and the purchase of a Lifetime Subscription (239.99 USD) before Feb. 1, 2010 allowed you to create a playable Liberated Borg Captain plus you got 2 additional character slots.

the Liberated Borg Bridge Officer is only abailable as the Amazon Pre-Order item.

Currently, People creating an account can purchase a Lifetime Subscription for $299.99 USD on the Subscription page, however they do NOT get the Borg Character Creation nor do they get the 2 additional character slots.

The Liberated Borg Bridge Officer from Amazon.com was only available with pre-order until Feb 1, 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
only thing i'm worried about now is since I joinned the game and paid for the subscript out of fear of loosing the borg, how do I log in when I get the comp? do i just instal the game and then what? how do i link my subscript to the game? is it your log in from this site?
Everything is tied into your server account. You add the Retail Game code in your software box to your account on the web site. That will unlock all of your preorder goodies.

The game client has nothing to do with you account. You can installed the client software on as many systems as you want. When you start the Launcher, it will prompt you for you username and password. It will patch you software up to the current version and then launch you into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Everything is tied into your server account. You add the Retail Game code in your software box to your account on the web site. That will unlock all of your preorder goodies.

The game client has nothing to do with you account. You can installed the client software on as many systems as you want. When you start the Launcher, it will prompt you for you username and password. It will patch you software up to the current version and then launch you into the game.

Wrath of Kahn: have code on my site.. www.zonechaos.com

should still work
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Incorrect

the Pre-Order key and the purchase of a Lifetime Subscription (239.99 USD) before Feb. 1, 2010 allowed you to create a playable Liberated Borg Captain plus you got 2 additional character slots.

the Liberated Borg Bridge Officer is only abailable as the Amazon Pre-Order item.

Currently, People creating an account can purchase a Lifetime Subscription for $299.99 USD on the Subscription page, however they do NOT get the Borg Character Creation nor do they get the 2 additional character slots.

The Liberated Borg Bridge Officer from Amazon.com was only available with pre-order until Feb 1, 2010.
You are incorrect. The devs have stated the preorder items are soleyly tied to the Retail game code. The preorder code has NOTHING to do with the preorder items.