Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Last I remember, and I remember alot. I recall cryptic saying that they were going to have a xbox 360 version. Instead it has become a fact of " we want to" or " we can and we will" or the very often used, mostly used by Pc gamers who think their computer is the only thing that can play the game, " You can't run it on the 360 because it doesn't have the anti-matter, matter warp core video card that my Hd supersonic quantum computer has". 360 star Trek fans have been screwed over by cryptic's lack of announcement on the that doesn't contradict the previous statement they made. The people on Xbox 360 deserve to know when it's gonna come out, if at all . The positive for Cyptic is that you will satisfy real casual gamers, and you won't be Pc centric like most MMOS. It becomes obvious that if you can run it and you don't have problems why don't you be the first to put a real MMO on the 360, and at least open the door to having MMOs.



Now that the game is released on PC, I think that it's time to announce a valiud statement about the 360 version of the game. Remember Cryptic you said it not us. We would be perfectly content if you didn't say anything on Gameinformer about a possible 360 version.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
They have to finish the PC version first.
Then they have to hire a company to port it.

It will be years if it happens, man.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
It will happen when that 360 version of Age of Conan happens. FFXI is the only one to manage to pull off a coexisting PC/console MMO, and that game wasn't very fun. If you want Star Trek on 360, go play Legacy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Well both of these options is at least comforting than alway hearing, " we can, we won't, we will, we should, we think we can, we think we could."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkchanger
Last I remember, and I remember alot. I recall cryptic saying that they were going to have a xbox 360 version. Instead it has become a fact of " we want to" or " we can and we will" or the very often used, mostly used by Pc gamers who think their computer is the only thing that can play the game, " You can't run it on the 360 because it doesn't have the anti-matter, matter warp core video card that my Hd supersonic quantum computer has". 360 star Trek fans have been screwed over by cryptic's lack of announcement on the that doesn't contradict the previous statement they made. The people on Xbox 360 deserve to know when it's gonna come out, if at all . The positive for Cyptic is that you will satisfy real casual gamers, and you won't be Pc centric like most MMOS. It becomes obvious that if you can run it and you don't have problems why don't you be the first to put a real MMO on the 360, and at least open the door to having MMOs.



Now that the game is released on PC, I think that it's time to announce a valiud statement about the 360 version of the game. Remember Cryptic you said it not us. We would be perfectly content if you didn't say anything on Gameinformer about a possible 360 version.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Is it still possible ? Yes... I don't think they committed to the same release date.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkchanger
.... We would be perfectly content if you didn't say anything on Gameinformer about a possible 360 version.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Sorry, there was a word in there that made me laugh, see if you can guess it....

As I recall, the Xbox 360 crowd never supported the PC community when Modern Warfare 2 pulled dedicated servers from the PC community 3 weeks before release. So with that being said, I will go with, yet again... MMOs, why PCs will always beat the console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
As an owner of both a 360 and a PC, I can say that I can't even imagine trying to play this game (or any MMO really) on the 360. What a mess.

Just working out the controller logistics to be able to do everything you have to with only a few buttons would be all but impossible. You'd spend more time on manipulating the interface than you would playing the freaking game.

Count yourself fortunate there is no 360 version. It would probably just infuriate you trying to play it.

(I don't know your financial situation, but it seems to me that if you can afford a subscription to an expensive MMO like this, you could afford to buy a somewhat decent computer from Dell for a couple bills and solve your whole PC vs 360 problem. You could even make monthly payments for it that would be less than this game's monthly fee.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Asking "Where is Sulu" using only an XBox 360 controller is going to be a challenge isn't it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Sorry, there was a word in there that made me laugh, see if you can guess it....

As I recall, the Xbox 360 crowd never supported the PC community when Modern Warfare 2 pulled dedicated servers from the PC community 3 weeks before release. So with that being said, I will go with, yet again... MMOs, why PCs will always beat the console.



No I think Pc can only beat porn DVDS. Only because you could boldy go into your zone with 500 plus porn categories. Modern warfare 2 is better played on the console, even your glamorous PC can admit to that. And it's not my fault that I'm criticizing cryptic for their contradictive nature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkchanger
No I think Pc can only beat porn DVDS. Only because you could boldy go into your zone with 500 plus porn categories. Modern warfare 2 is better played on the console, even your glamorous PC can admit to that. And it's not my fault that I'm criticizing cryptic for their contradictive nature.
Another thing 360 can't do well. Damn, I guess console really has its SHORT coming
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 AM.