Career Officer
# 1 Weird Gal-X Glitch
03-14-2014, 07:06 AM
Today when I was doing the mission "Second Wave" I used the saucer separation console. That when a weird glitch happened. First the saucer separated from my ship, but then it instantly reappeared back on my ship, however there was also a separated saucer pet. I had the normal spinal lance, and the turn rate was as if the saucer was still connected. So I had a whole ship and a pet. The pet even attacked the enemy ships and normal. Then I tried separating again. When I did, the extra saucer just disappeared. At that point everything was normal. I though this was a interesting glitch, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. Here's a picture of my whole ship with the extra saucer following.

http://tinypic.com/r/2mfhqn9/8
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-14-2014, 07:31 AM
That's not a glitch, it's a feature!
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 3
03-14-2014, 07:41 AM
I suppose its related to the other bug I notice a lot.

If you are separated for some time, I never timed it, but a couple minutes anyway, sometimes the saucer pet comes back, reattaches to your ship, then dissapears again. The saucer pet doesn't leave combat, it keeps fighting, but some extra phantom saucer comes in and reattaches.

When it happens, the saucer separation console totally bugs out, and you can no longer recall your saucer. You can hit it over and over, and the sound effects for separation play, and you get the steam effects, but no change to the ship itself.

Typically not a problem as I don't need to reattach the saucer, but rarely it becomes a real pain.

Zoning fixes it.

Edit: Removing and relsotting the console works as well, but incurs the 3 minute separation cooldown.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 03-14-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Would have been awesome if each time you separated the saucer that the previous one persisted. You could end up with a whole armada of saucers!
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Rihannsu
# 5
03-14-2014, 08:38 AM
And each one with the Mini-Lance.
Captain
# 6
03-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I've had that on my Odyssey, MVAE, and Haakona. It's really annoying having to go out of combat to switch out my separation console.