Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
I'll take some shots of Alarah tomorrow - servers are too buggy for me to bother at the moment, and I may decide to tweak some things later.

Well, that, and I'm mostly grumpy it dropped at the end of 'Breaking the Planet'. >(
Servers are going down for a few in a moment anyway. I'm not doing anything if you'd like some help finishing that up after! Really. That's why I made so many guides. >_> Then I can actually see what you did with your character. :p Also, I can stop myself from making a Ferengi alt so soon.

<<Altoholic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I should be fine - was mostly doing it on my Trill actually. e.e

That, and I have a ton of snow to shovel tomorrow morning, so i probably won't be around until late. :U

I went with the... Boldi? Forehead detail, though, and I may switch that out for my new Sci-Officer (she just finished the tutorial as a quick-run, so I'm not losing much if I have to remake her) to what you have. I'll have to poke around at it a bit more; A good guide for it is to have the Romulan Tattoo on light and then see what lines up with it naturally.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
I should be fine - was mostly doing it on my Trill actually. e.e

That, and I have a ton of snow to shovel tomorrow morning, so i probably won't be around until late. :U

I went with the... Boldi? Forehead detail, though, and I may switch that out for my new Sci-Officer (she just finished the tutorial as a quick-run, so I'm not losing much if I have to remake her) to what you have. I'll have to poke around at it a bit more; A good guide for it is to have the Romulan Tattoo on light and then see what lines up with it naturally.
Alright. Suit yourself. :p

Going to post that suggestion about the tattoo.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm a stubborn soloist. Even in a fleet action!

...This has resulted in many hilarious 'Oh crap!' moments (like finding out why you wait for a few OTHER people to hit Full Impulse at the end of the Laurentian Space Fleet Action... I was previously unaware of the size of the Vo'quv until I saw a few up closer then I'd have preferred) on my part that teach me valuable lessons!

That, and I'm never sure when I'm on. >>

Very amused we used the same general skin tone, though - at least I was spot on about that, even though it looked off in character generation. It actually looks a fair bit better in normal lighting situations.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
There's plenty of precedence for Romulans without the V-ridges on their foreheads, or very faint ridges. Most notably Nero and crew in the new movie, plus Kirk dealt with at least 2 whole crews worth of such Romulans during his Enterprise's 5-year mission.

I went with the hardened brow forehead feature on my Romulan, darkish yellow skin, and a green scar over his eye, to help emphasize the fact he has green blood.

Here's the best screenshot I have of him right now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/81447780@N00/4333381811/
(though I actually took that one to show off my Chief Medical officer's fancy shootin'
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
I'm a stubborn soloist. Even in a fleet action!

...This has resulted in many hilarious 'Oh crap!' moments (like finding out why you wait for a few OTHER people to hit Full Impulse at the end of the Laurentian Space Fleet Action... I was previously unaware of the size of the Vo'quv until I saw a few up closer then I'd have preferred) on my part that teach me valuable lessons!

That, and I'm never sure when I'm on. >>

Very amused we used the same general skin tone, though - at least I was spot on about that, even though it looked off in character generation. It actually looks a fair bit better in normal lighting situations.
Trial and error. :3 Originally, I wasn't even going to have a green tint at all. A friend, who also wanted to try STO, reminded me of it. Saren Ja'rek was almost pale as can be instead of greenish pale.

Soloing in a MMO? Tsk tsk. That's no fun. I'm gonna add you. When you feel like not getting blown up into itty bitty Romulan/Trill pieces, you let me know. ;D
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
I use the Ridges 4 for my forehead. Wish they had the V hair though
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice pic Feor!

And Soltark, you can get V-ridges, but you have to lay the Xindi Primitive forehead detail nice and easy so you get just the V ridges and nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Looks like I have some tweaking to do.. I went with a topknot & the Romulan tattoo, but I forgot about a few things that I'm going to have to fix when the servers go back up.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Nice pic Feor!

And Soltark, you can get V-ridges, but you have to lay the Xindi Primitive forehead detail nice and easy so you get just the V ridges and nothing else.
Yeah I currently have V ridges but I'll check the Xindi ones as well. Still want the Hair to be right though. Great post this though I could give rep I would
Closed Thread