Lt. Commander
Whats with this?. I used the Bridge Borg officer icon and it came up with this stuff about training and the only officers I could select were my original BOFs.
It said something about Train and I picked another officer assuming it was a train and new Borg officer reward.
Now, my Borg Bridge officer is gone. It never materialised.
Why on earth is there an option to train other officers when your trying to claim a crew member.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Train means to train up another officer. It used up your Borg officer in doing so. I suggest you file a ticket with a GM and get it back pronto!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks, I have filed a ticket, probably have to wait about four days for a reply, the message must be going by carrier pigeon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Do you reckon they will put it back to claim. I dont even think my officer got trained as a result, I really dont.
Why is Train associated with the Borg BOF?, surely anyone who claims it wants it.
It's the first STO problem I have had. I hope for good support on this/
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
To be honest, I didnt but I was in such a rush to claim the thing, I couldnt understand afterwards that there would be any other option than to claim the thing. Why would I want to train someone else after entering a code?. It just seems arse ways.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVDX View Post
To be honest, I didnt but I was in such a rush to claim the thing, I couldnt understand afterwards that there would be any other option than to claim the thing. Why would I want to train someone else after entering a code?. It just seems arse ways.
This here is a classic PEBKAC issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't think it's that bad mate. It's too easy a mistake to make when Train is the first option on the dialogue.
It should be a unanimous claim my bridge officer command. I don't need training of other officers mixed up in that process.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Also, depending on your rank, you're only allowed so many officers before all you get is the 'Train Up' or 'Dismiss' options. I think it's a maximum of 4 officers for Lieutenant, 6 for Lieutenant Commander, 8 for Commander, 8 for Captain, and 10 for Admiral. (Not too sure about Admiral; I never made it past Captain in CB or OB, and am only at Commander with my current character).

I just got my Borg officer today, and I had to dismiss one of my other 6 (was at Lt Comm at the time) officers (remember to take all the items off them before you do, or you'll lose those items) to have her join my crew.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I have a feeling you won't get your officer back (for that character, at least). I just wanted to point out that sometimes you won't have the option of 'Join' if you already have all your officer slots full.