Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
In Beta I ate Klingons for breakfast, the changes at release reversed that.

Only the small of mind really think they are winning so handily because of their uber skill.

PvP in every MMO I have ever played has been unbalanced in favor of one thing or another.

Right now the two things that I'm envying Klingons for is cloak and the ability to slot as many of one type of officer into a ship as they want. Sure it makes the ship one dimensional, but if you play on a team it makes that ship extremely powerful. Especially when the hold immunity timer is broken and you can slot multiple officers with the same hold as you want to completely paralyze a Federation ship until it is dead.

My response to all the Klingons trying to defend their overpowered PvP status right now with responses like learn to play is grow up. If this is the only response you have then you don't have one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybris

Only the small of mind really think they are winning so handily because of their uber skill.

PvP in every MMO I have ever played has been unbalanced in favor of one thing or another.

Right now the two things that I'm envying Klingons for is cloak and the ability to slot as many of one type of officer into a ship as they want. Sure it makes the ship one dimensional, but if you play on a team it makes that ship extremely powerful. Especially when the hold immunity timer is broken and you can slot multiple officers with the same hold as you want to completely paralyze a Federation ship until it is dead.

My response to all the Klingons trying to defend their overpowered PvP status right now with responses like learn to play is grow up. If this is the only response you have then you don't have one.
Reroll Klingon then or stop talking.

and

yea

L2P

Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
If you could explain what the 'changes at release' were, we'd know what the topic of discussion is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Klingons don't seem that overpowered to me (i don't play klingon) they do seem more organised in pvp.

most fed groups make the mistake of not attacking BOPs and going for cruisers or just hitting the 1st thing that pops out of cloak and never leaving it no matter what.

if ya play in a good fed group it balances out alot

not saying i'm right just my 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Don't know what all the fuss is about with klingons tbh, i'm cmdr 2 science capt/sci ship was pvping at LTC all teh way up to cmdr and went 15-1 to 15-5 in all the games i've played with Fed teams not grouped and no real coordination, survived and killed klingons in 2v1 situations.
but yes Feds really need to L2P imo, sure Cloak is a bit op if you have no science ships to detect them, just gotta be on your toes
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:39 AM
personally i'm taking a break from pvp atm, because i'm kinda in a faction that doesn't have to rely on its enemies coming to the picnic for half the content :p (officially though i'm waiting until I get my defiant class back, I pvp'd my ass off up to that class and pretty much don't care about lower tier content)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Telling people to learn to play is a result of seeing the same tired whines trotted out by new people who haven't bothered to read the forums or face their own incompetence. It's shorthand for "You aren't trying hard enough."

When there are people who have played pvp on both sides, almost invariably as their skill level goes up those people come here and say that they feel that pvp is balanced.

Almost without exception, the biggest complainers also have little or no insight into the mechanics of how this game is played.

I'll stick by our often used mantra, and say that most of the complainers need to learn to play before coming here to give the developers advice about game design.

Quote:
Enumerate these changes. The only change that is contributory is the dilution of the fed faction with hundreds of thousands of newbs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
in these games you loose how much healing did you do? how much healing did your team do?
where yall ff on bops?

how much healing did the klinks do?

it has been my experiance that right now much of the experinced pvpers are playing kligons to avoid the noob hordes on feds but even still belive it or not the game is fairly blanced

if you work as a team feds has just as much chance to win as klinks or ven more
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
This isn't a solo game. If you want to PVP, fly with people who also want to pvp. Last night, our fleet's t1,2,3 groups were all undefeated in 5v5 matches.

However, when i was solo queuing earlier in the day i kept getting wtf pwned in a PUG.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Enumerate these changes. The only change that is contributory is the dilution of the fed faction with hundreds of thousands of newbs.
That's what I'm trying to understand... where are all of these "changes" that keep getting brought up here? Nothing changed between Open Beta and Release. In fact, if I remember correctly Klinks were even getting the better T1 gear during the last week of Open Beta.