Lt. Commander
# 1 Signal Contact Mission AFKers.
02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I cant stand these people. theres only room for 5 per instance and they sit in there and take up a spot and do nothing and sit at the zone in. Sometimes u even get more than 1 so it takes even longer to finish a signal contact.

Please find some way to keep these people from exploiting the signal contact missions.

QQ rant over and out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
and it's even more brutal when you're the only guy killing stuff and you see 2 guys at the spawnpoint sitting their especially in later level sig contacts
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valax1983
I cant stand these people. theres only room for 5 per instance and they sit in there and take up a spot and do nothing and sit at the zone in. Sometimes u even get more than 1 so it takes even longer to finish a signal contact.

Please find some way to keep these people from exploiting the signal contact missions.

QQ rant over and out.
Probably not all of them are doing it on purpose. I know I have gone AFK in Sector space only to find myself inside one of these when I return.

I wanted to bring this up anyway. I have been doing patrol missions in Pi Canis all night, and as soon as I exit a system, I usually fiddle with my inventory, checking new stuff against what I have equipped... or hail Starfleet to report the completed mission... or just sit for a minute and take a breather.

It happens WAY too often that one of these signal contacts will sneak up on me and suck me into these instances. I don't like it at all.

I know they're supposed to be random encounters, and the idea itself is cool, but it's usually inconvenient when it happens, and if what the OP is describing is really becoming a problem then something needs to be done about what both he and I are saying.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I've been sucked in a few times too. Quite annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
System boots after 15 mins of AFK anywho.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valax1983
That's more the fault of the devs than the players. It's pretty easy to be AFK in a sector and have your ship get snagged by a wandering enemy. They aggro on you when they get close.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 07:27 PM
One of the way I avoid being pulled into those is to go to my bridge until I return. The game doesn't drag me in, at least that's been my experience so far. If anybody else can attest to this working, that is what I would suggest to those who stop while in Sector Space and go AFK temporarily. But I do agree with the OP that there are those who sit as far from combat, and even move away when the BoPs come in and start hammering away at the start. I don' t know what they could do but this is a small issue that does need to be addressed sometime down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 07:30 PM
1) Stop forcing people in them.
2)24-48 hour bans for AFK in them.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 07:31 PM
The easy way to prevent yourself from becoming one of them is to USE YOUR BRIDGE for AFK time.

Yes, zomigosh. The Bridge has a use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoleman View Post
One of the way I avoid being pulled into those is to go to my bridge until I return. The game doesn't drag me in, at least that's been my experience so far. If anybody else can attest to this working, that is what I would suggest to those who stop while in Sector Space and go AFK temporarily. But I do agree with the OP that there are those who sit as far from combat, and even move away when the BoPs come in and start hammering away at the start. I don' t know what they could do but this is a small issue that does need to be addressed sometime down the line.
Basicly what he said.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
The easy way to prevent yourself from becoming one of them is to USE YOUR BRIDGE for AFK time.

Yes, zomigosh. The Bridge has a use!
The bridge needs more lighting or indirect lighting. I really don't like how they look.