Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Closed Thread

Cryptic Studios Team
# 31
03-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Btw, these are in, and you can see them on Tribble.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 32
03-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yup. I checked them out on Tribble.. it's really exciting to see these in the game !!!
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
Can we expect to see these in the wallpaper/screenshot section as well ? An Thanks for picking one of mine Did not expect that I'd have one picked actually lolz, there were so many to choose from .
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
03-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Never thought I'd say it, but I almost wish the loadscreens were longer. The one time I did get a long load, it was the old season 8 promo image, of course.

Grats to all the winners.
Want to run canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

On behalf of the entire STO team, we want to thank everyone who participated in our "Loading Screen Screenshot Contest" that we've been running the past few months! There were some absolutely incredible screens that were submitted, and it was quite hard to choose the winners -- you all have a great eye and many of the images were truly jaw dropping.

It took days of deliberations to come to a consensus on our final list, so without further ado, we'd like to present the winning images of the contest, those that will be featured as in-game loading screens in the not-too-distant future:

By william7riker (@william7riker)

By kurumimorish1ta (@Morish1ta)

By strahn794 (@sparrow794)

By asteconn (@asteconn)
Hi! Thank you so much for selecting my screenshot! But I do have one thing that is bothering me. I have absolutely NO character by the name william7riker (@william7riker). My main KDF character is Gorn@william7riker. May I have my name changed to Gorn, as I have no character named william7riker? That is just my handler If you could correct my name, that would be greatly appreciated!

All of the other winning screenshots are fabulous! They all deserved to be there!

Thanks,

Gorn@william7riker

Last edited by william7riker; 03-27-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 36
03-31-2014, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by william7riker View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for selecting my screenshot! But I do have one thing that is bothering me. I have absolutely NO character by the name william7riker (@william7riker). My main KDF character is Gorn@william7riker. May I have my name changed to Gorn, as I have no character named william7riker? That is just my handler If you could correct my name, that would be greatly appreciated!

All of the other winning screenshots are fabulous! They all deserved to be there!

Thanks,

Gorn@william7riker
They credit everyone by @handle as that's your username. Crediting by your character name doesn't credit you.

Screw Hydra! Hail Janeway!
Captain
# 37
04-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Those all look meh. *Runs from raging crowd*
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
They credit everyone by @handle as that's your username. Crediting by your character name doesn't credit you.
Why do these winning submissions have a character name that is different than their handler? For example:
  • By strahn794 (@sparrow794)
  • By kurumimorish1ta (@Morish1ta)
  • By evilbsg62 (@jeffjr)
  • By aureleus (@Sorileus)
  • By berrycola (@Knuckles)
  • By thay8472 (@P_Sutherland)

There are more examples down the list of the winning screenshot post.

Why did some of the people have a different name before their handler and others not?

Still. I feel like an idiot being the one to complain about this. Because these screenshots are just beautiful!
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
What it looks they did is credit people this format:

Forum Name (@ingamehandle)

It's not in-game character names. Your forum name and @handle happen to be the same.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 40
04-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Well this isnt fair i want to win
Closed Thread