Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I paid alot of money for the Deluxe Edition of STO and there is NO Manual in the box set I got at GameStop. This is my first Cryptic game and it would have been nice to have a book listing the keyboard commands and instruction on how to post items on the exchange, chatting with friends, find mycrew, etc..., for the price I paid for the game $79.99. Also it would be of great help for the mission rewards be listed in the In-Progress missions.

Movement in space is jerky when you get near an enemy contat that out of the blue pulls you in all by itself. Movement on the ground with away team members is funny as hell when your team gets stuck in doorway you just walked trhough. Navigating any friendly starbase is like playing a pin ball game whit paying customers as the bass, bouncing of other player & NPC's as well
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought that only the Collectors Edition came with a manual unless I was reading the featured list of all the pre orders wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
If it is anything at all like the CE edition the instructions are in the last few pages of the "art" book..........
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
If they told what the rules were, they'd be locked into what they put on paper....
This way they can free wheel, nerf and/or buff skills at their whim.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drelux
That's all the print manual says anyway, but I have the CE and the physical manual is the last few pages of the art book.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestorWI1 View Post
I paid alot of money for the Deluxe Edition of STO and there is NO Manual in the box set I got at GameStop. This is my first Cryptic game and it would have been nice to have a book listing the keyboard commands and instruction on how to post items on the exchange, chatting with friends, find mycrew, etc..., for the price I paid for the game $79.99. Also it would be of great help for the mission rewards be listed in the In-Progress missions.

Movement in space is jerky when you get near an enemy contat that out of the blue pulls you in all by itself. Movement on the ground with away team members is funny as hell when your team gets stuck in doorway you just walked trhough. Navigating any friendly starbase is like playing a pin ball game whit paying customers as the bass, bouncing of other player & NPC's as well
Look for the

?

next to your mini map. Click on it, then click on Access Library Computer.. that is the in game manual.

Also the Digital Deluxe Edition was only $59.99 and is a Download only

the regular Edition is $49.99 and is either download or box disk version

the Collector's Edition was $79.99 and only came as a box. the manual should be inside the box as claimed by the package content.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=75981

Quote:
Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.

also BTW, the game controls are pretty much idiot proof.. took my 8 yr old about 10 seconds to figure out all the controls and how to work all the in game mechanics when the mechanic was presented to him.

There are some Vague things, but a shout in the Zone chat and someone will give you the info you need.

My kid even tought me that holding both mouse buttons will steer the ship during the Open Beta. (I was trying to use the Right mouse button like in other MMOs).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestorWI1 View Post
I paid alot of money for the Deluxe Edition of STO and there is NO Manual in the box set I got at GameStop. This is my first Cryptic game and it would have been nice to have a book listing the keyboard commands and instruction on how to post items on the exchange, chatting with friends, find mycrew, etc..., for the price I paid for the game $79.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortius View Post
If it is anything at all like the CE edition the instructions are in the last few pages of the "art" book..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drelux
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
That's all the print manual says anyway, but I have the CE and the physical manual is the last few pages of the art book.
Pretty much this: The info/manual pages are at the end of the small hard-back Art book.

You can also check online, either on this website or in-game as the Robo-Starfleet Terminator guy suggests.