Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I think I've found a broken mission. The mission is "Under the Cover of Night" that you pick up from the Admiral at Starbase 39. The mission involves going to the Agrama system to track down a Federation traitor. The first part of the mission, which takes place in space goes off fine. But the part that takes place on the planet is bugged.

Locating the traitor, he beams up to a Romulan ship and the game directs you to defeat the Romulan Commander Teleb. I got the point where his personal shield and life bar are EMPTY, but he doesn't die, despite me and my team having shot him a couple of hundred times while he's in that state (he's still moving around and fighting like he's fine). So, it is impossible to advance in the mission. It has happened to me twice now. On the first occasion, after shooting at him for 10 minutes, I chose to beam up to my ship and beam back down, with the hopes that maybe that would reset that part of the mission and fix the bug. Unfortunately, Commander Teleb was nowhere to be found, but the game kept telling me that I couldn't defeat him. Being stuck, I totally dropped the mission, picked up from the Admiral again and started over. This time, the same thing happened and the guy wouldn't die. Instead of quitting the mission, I let him kill him, and after respawning, he disappeared again but the game says I haven't defeated him. So I'm stuck again. There is clearly some bug in play here that needs to be fixed.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I didn't have this problem when doing the mission in Open Beta. Can anyone else confirm or deny the consistency of this issue or whether it may be localized to EvilMonky? I haven't play the mission in retail yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Third time is the charm, apparently. I just gave it one more shot and the game actually let me defeat him this time. I guess the problem, whatever it was, resolved itself. It figures it would work after I posted about the bug on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I finished the mission with no issues (before the 10:40pm -ish eastern crash today.)
So ...
No helpful advice for ya.

Sorry
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
I ran into this in beta. To me, it seemed like the problem was using expose/exploit and getting a disintegrating shot in on him. Since he's mission-critical and has to beam out, he can't die, but somehow the game doesn't register that he should do that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I haven't ran into this type of problem with that mission.... Although i probly did that mission maybe 4 or 5 days ago.... I had no problem's with it.

More then likely a bug.... If he doesn't stop fighting you before beaming up to his ship after you question him.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veazey View Post
I ran into this in beta. To me, it seemed like the problem was using expose/exploit and getting a disintegrating shot in on him. Since he's mission-critical and has to beam out, he can't die, but somehow the game doesn't register that he should do that.
So basically, you don't want to try vaporizing him. I'll bug report this issue as soon as possible. Recommend anyone else who encounters the issue do the same. More bug reports = fixed bug!

Thanks OP for bringing this issue to light.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veazey View Post
That's exactly the issue. Came across it myself earlier today.

I guess that's what happens when your ground team is just that good.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Yup, sitting here waiting for a GM response to resolve the mission, but I bet that is exactly what happened. I think my final shot on him was an expose attack, bugged him out.

At this point I want to wait for the GM so that they can make sure that the next patch resolves this issue with him.

I wonder if all mission critical NPCs that aren't supposed to die at that moment behave like this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Same problem here... after I read this I realized the two times I tried to kill him I did get an expose/exploit at the end. I went a third time and didn't do any exploit and got the complete.