Captain
Why would I want to trade officers to this or any other exchange program? Am I guaranteed to get something better than I am traiding or am I going to get a special one of a kind Doff for each of the exchange mission types?

I have a heck of a time telling which are my "underperforming" officers...
Career Officer
# 2
03-15-2014, 10:33 AM
1. You have like 10 Karemman Bartenders which you really don't need ...
2. If you exchange Officers with the right traits you MIGHT get rarer ones ... i.E. Exchanging "Uncommon" Karemman Doffs will most likely give you "Rare" Ones ... if one of these is one of your 10 Bartenders i.E. go for it ....
3. Nothing is guaranteed ... you might get very unlucky and get "Uncommon" Karemman Entertainers instead. ... you might get lucky and get your first "Very Rare" Technician

Last edited by thutmosis85; 03-15-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Don't use the Department Head recommended Doffs. ( Idiots always suggest purples )
There is no guarantee ( as far as I know ) of quality in reward.
I use the missions when I run into them, to cull green Doffs with the needed success traits.
You know you'll need to get rid of the greens eventually anyway.
I have sent a green, and received a purple back.
Its a roll of the dice ..
Good luck !
Career Officer
# 4
03-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Yup, quality is primarily determined by the traits of the boff you send on the mission. I usually send an Uncommon on these missions...I believe the worst reward you can get is another Uncommon in return, so the worst-case scenario is a bit of a wash.

These missions are a good way to earn Recruitment CXP if you're trying to max it.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Captain
# 5
03-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Yes, you want to send a Common or Uncommon DOFF on these missions, and you will generally get back at least an Uncommon one, though your chances of getting better than Uncommon can be over 50% if the DOFF that you assign has the requested traits.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?