Ensign
When I signedup for STO I gave my character a full name (first, middle, last)
But when I was able to get in and play her, all she had was a captains name?
It says I have to pay to give her a first, middle, last name?
Has this happened to anyone else?
How do I view her full profile to see if she already has a full name?

Also, I wanted to ask...are all tutorials the same or are they radomly different for anyone new?
My current tutorial is the Borg mission and I began on the ship, but someone else said they had a Klingon mission for their beginner's tutorial, and they started out at Starfleet Headquarters?
I feel like I missed something?

My last question is, how do I change outfits? I can't find a tailor anywhere?

Oh, one more thing...what is a handle? I keep seeing people alking about handles and name@name etc, but I have no idea what that means? What is a handle and how do I find mine?

Sorry to pick everyone's brains but I'm having teething troubles
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2014, 10:42 PM
it's bug first, middle, last are not getting saved when start a new toon so you need to do again when you start playing the new toon,

the new s8.0 much better then the borg one
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskylark View Post
When I signed up for STO I gave my character a full name (first, middle, last)
Your Full name is only visible if someone uses the Right Click --> Info option, however it's pretty bugged, and most of the time doesn't work. This is also where they can read your "Bio" or backstory if you wrote one ...
When you create a toon the name is set (dialogues, missions, Cadets at ESD or the various warriors in First City (Qo'nos) so if you want to change it later, you have to buy a rename token from the C-Store

Quote:
Also, I wanted to ask...are all tutorials the same or are they radomly different for anyone new?
My current tutorial is the Borg mission and I began on the ship, but someone else said they had a Klingon mission for their beginner's tutorial, and they started out at Starfleet Headquarters?
I'm pretty sure you get a variant depending on your class(?) Didn't pay much attention TBH, and as I did Eng Fed ->Tac Klink -> Sci Rom, then back to Fed TAC I can't remember if the exact missions were different ... The Rommie ones are pretty much the same I think, and the Klink ones except for a little mini game depending on your class, but the Fed????

Quote:
There are Tailors .. .Everywhere, though maybe not where you'd always expect

In ESD near the vendors that sell Hypos and stuff, also at SFA in the "Terminal building" on the opposite wall to the bar/restaurant ... on Qo'nos (First City) the he is down a few steps from the Main Square (where Worf is) in between another Hypo Vendor and a Mail erminal.

On New Rom, there is a hallway to the left of the Rotunda (where the exchange/bank/mail terminals are) that leads to a room with ... A Hypo Vendor ... Plus the "Crafting" stations (which a re broken/bugged) But the Tailor works ...

There are also several scattered throughout many Star Bases ... Look for a NPC with a littel red "Jacket" icon above their heads.

Quote:
Oh, one more thing...what is a handle? I keep seeing people alking about handles and name@name etc, but I have no idea what that means? What is a handle and how do I find mine?
Your handle is essentially your Cryptic/PWE account name so you have DonalDuk@Dissnay ...the DonalDuk is your characters name in game and the @Dissnay is your handle. If soneone send you a message, they can either send it to your full character name - DonalDuk@Dissnay - or they can just use your @Dissnay handle to find you.

Quote:
never be sorry to ask for help ... I've had many questions answered, and many answers to quetions I didn't know to ask because through these Forums ... The n too, the guys in the Fleet I joined have lambasted me for NOT asking ... So never be ashamed, embarassed or afraid to ask even what seems like the stupidest of questions.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 4
03-15-2014, 12:27 AM
About the tutorial, it's either something new or very old...or...option number three is someone made it up either by bad memory or on purpose. Why someone would do it on purpose is beyond me.
It's been over two years since I started playing, and on the FED side I have a TAC a SCI and an ENG, two are human, one andorian. The beginning was always starting in the ship and engaging the borg.
Ensign
# 5 A few more questions?
03-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Thank you so much for your really helpful reply
I wondered if I might pick your brain a little more?

Am I able to completely redesign my characters appearance at all? Hair and eye colour, facial features, height? Or is it better to just delete and start again?

What happens to my character and ship names if I delete and start again? Am I able to reuse them for the new character after deletion?

Just to see if I have this right...my handle would be Skylark@rubyskylark, is that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Your Full name is only visible if someone uses the Right Click --> Info option, however it's pretty bugged, and most of the time doesn't work. This is also where they can read your "Bio" or backstory if you wrote one ...
When you create a toon the name is set (dialogues, missions, Cadets at ESD or the various warriors in First City (Qo'nos) so if you want to change it later, you have to buy a rename token from the C-store.

never be sorry to ask for help ... I've had many questions answered, and many answers to quetions I didn't know to ask because through these Forums ... The n too, the guys in the Fleet I joined have lambasted me for NOT asking ... So never be ashamed, embarassed or afraid to ask even what seems like the stupidest of questions.
Ensign
# 6
03-15-2014, 04:21 AM
I doubt it was made up, my sister just started playing and she got the Starfleet tutorial, which confused me because I'd never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
About the tutorial, it's either something new or very old...or...option number three is someone made it up either by bad memory or on purpose. Why someone would do it on purpose is beyond me.
It's been over two years since I started playing, and on the FED side I have a TAC a SCI and an ENG, two are human, one andorian. The beginning was always starting in the ship and engaging the borg.
Ensign
# 7
03-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Do I have to pay to add them or is it free because it's a glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline3752 View Post
it's bug first, middle, last are not getting saved when start a new toon so you need to do again when you start playing the new toon,

the new s8.0 much better then the borg one
Captain
# 8
03-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Quote:
When I signedup for STO I gave my character a full name (first, middle, last)

Your full name shows up when you look at your info in your character tab, and when you or someone else looks at your full profile.

Your nickname is what's displayed in general. Parts of your full name get used depending on the situation. ie: NPCs will often refer to you as <rank> <last name> instead of your nickname.

You most likely have your full name set right, but it doesn't get used in full commonly.

The tutorial is different depending on your faction. Federation have their own tutorial, Klingons have a different one, and Romulans are also different. The Federation tutorial has also been updated twice now, so depending when you made the character, it may be different now than what you remembered it. There are also small differences depending on your class, but those are relatively minor.

There are tailors on pretty much every major starbase as well as certain other hubs. For example, on Earth Space Dock, you can find the tailor near the personal vendors and commodity brokers, in the south west quadrant of the base. At a tailor, you can change any aspect of your character that you could in character creation after you picked your class and race, which includes eye and hair color and other things like that.

Your handle is similar to Blizzard's Battle tags (though @handles came first) if you are familiar with that. Basically, it's an identifier that is common to all your characters. In your options, you can have it display handles by default, or hide them. If you have them shown, people will show up as name@handle. The @handle part will never change for them, so if you add someone to your friends list for example, you will see whenever they are logged on, even if they make a new character or use one you didn't know about.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 9
03-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Thank you so much for your really helpful reply
I wondered if I might pick your brain a little more?

Am I able to completely redesign my characters appearance at all? Hair and eye colour, facial features, height? Or is it better to just delete and start again?

What happens to my character and ship names if I delete and start again? Am I able to reuse them for the new character after deletion?

Just to see if I have this right...my handle would be Skylark@rubyskylark, is that correct?
You can change almost everything about your character at any time at a tailor. The only things you cannot change are species and gender. Those are locked at creation. Everything else can be changed. It also only costs a small amount of Energy Credits, so basically free. You can also create several costume slots with different appearances and switch between them an the fly. You can have one set up in one uniform with a short hairstyle and then another with a casual outfit with a long hairstyle. No need to delete you character unless you don't like the species/gender you picked.

You can reuse the names again if you do delete though.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Ensign
# 10
03-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Thank you so much! I'm happy with both species/gender but I would like to change the physical appearance, so I'm glad to know I can do that

No need to delete in that case *yay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
You can change almost everything about your character at any time at a tailor. The only things you cannot change are species and gender. Those are locked at creation. Everything else can be changed. It also only costs a small amount of Energy Credits, so basically free. You can also create several costume slots with different appearances and switch between them an the fly. You can have one set up in one uniform with a short hairstyle and then another with a casual outfit with a long hairstyle. No need to delete you character unless you don't like the species/gender you picked.

You can reuse the names again if you do delete though.