Career Officer
Hello all,

I have won a Suliban Cell ship, but wasn't sure which character would best benefit from it. I have a favored Fed tactical main, but I also have a variety of other characters. I read that there were some unique DOff assignments so should I just give it to my primary character? I have a crafter but he's more of an alternate char. I don't craft much these days anyway.

Thanks for your help!
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-20-2014, 09:50 AM
have you considered opening it on an entirely seperate account? if you do, you will be able to invite any of your toons to it at will.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 3
03-20-2014, 11:02 AM
does a feringi get a discount at the stores etc?

And an alternate account sounds awesome....
Captain
# 4
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Ferengi possess a racial trait that does give them some store discounts, yes.

If your machine can handle running two instances of STO then yeah an alt account is probably best, then you can invite all of your main characters to it for doff assignments and discount commodities.
Career Officer
# 5
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
That is an awesome idea. I actually could do that, but never thought of it. Thank you for your suggestion!

I didn't realize you can do 2 instances on one machine. I was going to use a second computer, but this would be easier.
Captain
# 6
03-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyambur View Post
That is an awesome idea. I actually could do that, but never thought of it. Thank you for your suggestion!

I didn't realize you can do 2 instances on one machine. I was going to use a second computer, but this would be easier.
You could open even 3, I used to be able to do it all the time in season 5 and 6.
Captain
# 7
03-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Opening 3 instances without lag will probably require that you have a minimum of 8 GB of RAM with other applications closed.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
03-21-2014, 09:48 AM
I considered doing a second account for mine. Instead, I have a couple fleetmates who also have cell ships, and we trade invites for all our alts. It works out great for us.