Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Career Officer
# 11
03-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
the external I'm also disappointed with because it's a 200 year old design, time to upgrade it by merging the old ESD (2009) with the current ESD.
Bare in mind this is still on Tribble. Hopefully the external update is on it's way. It's a simpler task the external model anyway.

Quote:
it looks much bigger and a good thing too, I've got a feeling it will be a new integral part of STO n some way, maybe they'll introduce new mechanics, lounge with poker, or something like that.
Here's hoping!
Captain
# 12
03-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I love how some people immediately are like "new zone? Lets see how to climb up there".
The good old times where we had no content and didn't do anything else but climbing stuff^^

I never felt like an ESD revamp was overly necessary, but it looks really awesome and being there will be much more fun then before, thats certain.

Still I wonder how thin ESD outer walls actually are if this relatively small room is everything between the inner docking area and the outside.... (but thats nitpicking, I know^^)

Still it seems to be quiet small compared to old ESD or Quo'nos.

Oh and: The lower areas are for the foundry as far as I know, they are already in use.
Support more story content in STO
Captain
# 13
03-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Quote:
I don't count the earlier interior changes as they were minor and still crap. and in the basic form, it hasn't been changed, it's had some minor skin lifts but nothing else.

the external I'm also disappointed with because it's a 200 year old design, time to upgrade it by merging the old ESD (2009) with the current ESD.

and no this was not the most necessary of all, in its state right now ESD looks like some random Space Genre kitbash, but with the new one in tribble, it at least feels like 2409 Star Trek, the Medical bay looks like trek, the arrangement, the feeling it's STARFLEET in the right era.

it looks much bigger and a good thing too, I've got a feeling it will be a new integral part of STO n some way, maybe they'll introduce new mechanics, lounge with poker, or something like that.

the last interior update was necessary, this one makes ESD feel alive.

can't wait to see it finished and lit properly.
I like the new revamped station and the current does work, but they release half-ass seasons and now revamping areas where other places should be updated first or at least release the rest of the season.
Captain
# 14
03-15-2014, 03:51 PM
new ESD actually feels somewhat post-TNG like, its actually amazing, i'm honestly surprised cryptic managed to do a great job like this.

i wonder if cryptic hired new art guys or something.
Commander
# 15
03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
+1 from me cryptic
Just so long as it renders properly, with a few lil tweaks I cannot wait to run around there myself.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
03-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicius View Post
new ESD actually feels somewhat post-TNG like, its actually amazing, i'm honestly surprised cryptic managed to do a great job like this.

i wonder if cryptic hired new art guys or something.
Where have you been? They have been pumping out good art like this for a couple of years now.
Bajor, New Romulus, The Romulan Flotilla, Virinat Colony, Fleet Starbases (well, the OPS area anyway), Starfleet Academy...

It's just the main hubs you visit all the time that have still been so jarringly ugly in comparison. And this a great first step to remedy that and hopefully it is so well received, that they redo DS9, K7, SB 39 and a few other places over time as well.
Career Officer
# 17
03-15-2014, 04:01 PM
took a quick peek at the video, most of it was ruined by those players firing off their weapons and switched off after that. will have to look it up myself when i can.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2014, 04:10 PM
I wonder what will happen to foundry missions that use locations/objects in the old ESD - if those'll get broken forever.

And just my two cents - it looks a bit like they have been renovating the lower levels of ESD for use as a public space, as opposed to the current floorplan, which could be an upper level in the more cramped upper hub. That's just my theory.
Career Officer
# 19
03-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
It looks good, but it was a completely unnecessary revamp.
this^^^^^^^^
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
03-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonthehermit View Post
I wonder what will happen to foundry missions that use locations/objects in the old ESD - if those'll get broken forever.

And just my two cents - it looks a bit like they have been renovating the lower levels of ESD for use as a public space, as opposed to the current floorplan, which could be an upper level in the more cramped upper hub. That's just my theory.
Foundry doors should all be save. The assents are still there, just moved to new places. One of the doors is currently on top of the window/roof. The panel opposite the old transporter is almost free floating near the ESD hologram, the NPC contacts are standing around somewhere. So all the missions should still work.
Some Foundry missions that utilize the old map interior might have continuity issues, though.