Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Foundry doors should all be save. The assents are still there, just moved to new places. One of the doors is currently on top of the window/roof. The panel opposite the old transporter is almost free floating near the ESD hologram, the NPC contacts are standing around somewhere. So all the missions should still work.
Some Foundry missions that utilize the old map interior might have continuity issues, though.
I hope the authors are all still around to change the texts, then. Otherwise, more headache.

And like I said, it feels that they're opening up a new space on the 'Dock for public use, with the old ones still sitting around in another deck.
Career Officer
# 22
03-15-2014, 05:06 PM
To all the hard working environmental artists who had a hand in this....

All I can say is...WOW!

I was expecting a change, but you guys and gals blew my socks off! The New ESD Interior rocks!!

It's way Treky and certainly has a 25th century feel to it now. The basic layout to get to stuff is so much more open and accesable - amazing! The detail work is outstanding (Waterfalls, plants, new display pop-ups, etc.)

Now all we have to wait for is the inevitable, "ESD Interior is OP! Plz nerf!" threads. lol!

Heh, that's because It is OP, but soooo COOL! Great job! Can't wait for it to go live!
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Career Officer
# 23
03-15-2014, 05:21 PM
What was the main ship seen through the window?
Career Officer
# 24
03-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by litchy74 View Post
What was the main ship seen through the window?
Vesta.

/10char

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lieutenant
# 25 Yet another face lift..
03-15-2014, 05:42 PM
The exterior is fine . If you don't remember how it looked before it got the most recent update, take a gander at Star base 39. That's the old esd . The interior is what needs to be streamlined and all the clutter should be removed like the diso area ( really?) . Now of they do update the outside ( which there's a good chance they will , since they don't listen to the player base ) they should make it a work in progress with workers removing hull plates and worker bees floating all over the place .
Lieutenant
# 26
03-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Looks Cool.
Captain
# 27
03-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I have made a video exploring and showing the new Interior at Earth Spacedock on Tribble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHg-M...&feature=share

Enjoy
In regards to questions posed in the video. Customized Kits are in the Tribbe builds. The current Kits are still present and aren't being changed go to Drozona Station and visit a console in the bar to get a random customized Kit and ability jewels to place in them.

Second the revamped armor and kit costume pieces are in the Tailor already. All of the armor skins are in your normal uniform selections. Kit pices are in new attachment areas in the Advanced view of the Body editor.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 03-15-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Captain
# 28
03-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Where have you been? They have been pumping out good art like this for a couple of years now.
Bajor, New Romulus, The Romulan Flotilla, Virinat Colony, Fleet Starbases (well, the OPS area anyway), Starfleet Academy...

It's just the main hubs you visit all the time that have still been so jarringly ugly in comparison. And this a great first step to remedy that and hopefully it is so well received, that they redo DS9, K7, SB 39 and a few other places over time as well.
i've been here since f2p started, and with the exception of new romulus and the voth battlezones/areas(especially new romulus), i wasn't particularly impressed, so yeah, i'm surprised about new ESD, it actually feels like a post-TNG era should(even if it resembles mass effect a bit).
Captain
# 29
03-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicius View Post
i've been here since f2p started, and with the exception of new romulus and the voth battlezones/areas(especially new romulus), i wasn't particularly impressed, so yeah, i'm surprised about new ESD, it actually feels like a post-TNG era should(even if it resembles mass effect a bit).
I think the Romulan interiors are quiet awesome.
Support more story content in STO
Commander
# 30
03-15-2014, 08:37 PM
This must be the project that the graphics guys were working on that the dev said (paraphrased) he was sure everyone will love.

Everyone except for those of us who play KDF. Don't get me wrong, I "love" the new ESD that you guys got, but it is basically the last thing on my radar of what the game probably needs.