Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkyn View Post
If you don't think there is a "stun" in Space, you haven't been chained spammed with Viral matrix yet.
Hit science team at the right time or have ally hit you with one and your free.. there is no freeing on the ground once hit by it
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
either way you're still gonna get one shot so whats the point in complaining about it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaker01 View Post
There's several reasons why I keep to Space PvP, and this is being one.
QFT!!

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet
either way you're still gonna get one shot so whats the point in complaining about it?
lol, this comment made me choke on my Dr.Pepper
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet
False, I have yet to get "One Shot" by ANYONE, but yes, if you plop yourself down alone in a group of 5 or 6 enemies, you are going to get stunlocked and burned down extremely fast. Just don't do it. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osashes View Post
False, I have yet to get "One Shot" by ANYONE, but yes, if you plop yourself down alone in a group of 5 or 6 enemies, you are going to get stunlocked and burned down extremely fast. Just don't do it. Problem solved.
stunlock ->expose -> exploit -> 1337 damage GG respawn
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
stunlock ->expose -> exploit -> 1337 damage GG respawn
= Not "One Shot"
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
I stick to ground pvp mainly simply because of the fact that teams are remotely even. Whichever team works together the best wins, unless in situations when teams have one another horribly outnumbered. As for stunlocking. It's not a problem at all. If you know how to ground pvp well, you wont ever have a problem with it because you wont put yourself in a situation where it can happen.
What are you talking about.. Every situation there is you get stun locked.. All science has to do is hit statis field and BOOM, 12+ second hold.. i am Really Good at PvP. In fact i love the close quarter fighting.. there are mean feds that will fight me hand to Hand when I show. I wont Kill when they are expose and they dont me.. That is respect.. but, there are those science classes out there that will Run up to you, hit statis field, Hope it exposes you and then vaporize you.

Yes, There are times when I Spawn into a game and I am the only 1 vs 5. i will ask them Not to stun me and I will fight them straight up.. But, if they continue to stun me I will go get a glass of water come back and say "lets try this again, with no stunning or I will do for another glass of water".. I dont mind the 5 vs 1 thats cool.. I like to see how i do in that situation. But, Stunning does not need to be in ground combat..
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
What are you talking about.. Every situation there is you get stun locked.. All science has to do is hit statis field and BOOM, 12+ second hold.. i am Really Good at PvP. In fact i love the close quarter fighting.. there are mean feds that will fight me hand to Hand when I show. I wont Kill when they are expose and they dont me.. That is respect.. but, there are those science classes out there that will Run up to you, hit statis field, Hope it exposes you and then vaporize you.

Yes, There are times when I Spawn into a game and I am the only 1 vs 5. i will ask them Not to stun me and I will fight them straight up.. But, if they continue to stun me I will go get a glass of water come bake and say lets try this again.. I dont mind the 5 vs 1 thats cool.. I like to see how i do in that situation. But, Stunning does not need to be in ground combat..
Even if it's 1 v 5, if you know what you're doing, you can take down atleast one of them before you go down. Yes, stunning DOES need to be in ground combat, otherwise its just going to be a bunch of people standing in front of one another jamming on two attacks. PvP is about using everything in your arsenal. The last thing we want ground combat in STO to go to is a simple DPS race.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Even if it's 1 v 5, if you know what you're doing, you can take down atleast one of them before you go down. Yes, stunning DOES need to be in ground combat, otherwise its just going to be a bunch of people standing in front of one another jamming on two attacks. PvP is about using everything in your arsenal. The last thing we want ground combat in STO to go to is a simple DPS race.
NO it needs to be removed..

Also Switching between Weapons needs to be Nerfed. You should not be able to fire 1 weapon and then switch and fire another right after.

If you get rid of that weapon swtiching. it will be an entirely different game..