Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
one shot or not when you die in less then two seconds of combat theres something wrong with your game. Whats the point of a shield when it lasts for one shot?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
NO it needs to be removed..

Also Switching between Weapons needs to be Nerfed. You should not be able to fire 1 weapon and then switch and fire another right after.

If you get rid of that weapon swtiching. it will be an entirely different game..
YOU can switch weapons too. It's not like everyone else has a buff that you don't have. I find having two secondary attacks accessible makes ground combat all the more exciting. It also gives you so much more customization in the combination of weapons you use. I love how ground PvP can be tailored completely to your play style.

All I can say is that if you're having problems with stunlocking in ground PvP, you need to rethink your strategy. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
What are you talking about.. Every situation there is you get stun locked.. All science has to do is hit statis field and BOOM, 12+ second hold.. i am Really Good at PvP. In fact i love the close quarter fighting.. there are mean feds that will fight me hand to Hand when I show. I wont Kill when they are expose and they dont me.. That is respect.. but, there are those science classes out there that will Run up to you, hit statis field, Hope it exposes you and then vaporize you.

Yes, There are times when I Spawn into a game and I am the only 1 vs 5. i will ask them Not to stun me and I will fight them straight up.. But, if they continue to stun me I will go get a glass of water come back and say "lets try this again, with no stunning or I will do for another glass of water".. I dont mind the 5 vs 1 thats cool.. I like to see how i do in that situation. But, Stunning does not need to be in ground combat..

You must drink a lot of water.

On a side note, when I get stunlocked I go 'oh **** I messed up' not 'oh **** the games broken'
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swicken View Post

On a side note, when I get stunlocked I go 'oh **** I messed up' not 'oh **** the games broken'
*Applause*
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osashes View Post
YOU can switch weapons too. It's not like everyone else has a buff that you don't have. I find having two secondary attacks accessible makes ground combat all the more exciting. It also gives you so much more customization in the combination of weapons you use. I love how ground PvP can be tailored completely to your play style.

All I can say is that if you're having problems with stunlocking in ground PvP, you need to rethink your strategy. Period.
Fine your the only one here who can walk on water..

We are Not worthy..

Stun needs to be Nerfed,

Period, End of Story..
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Whether you think stuns and 2-shot kills should be in the ground game or not, I can tell you it is no fun as it currently is, at least in my opinion.

I will not be joining any more ground PvP sessions until things change, period. Space PvP is far more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Fine your the only one here who can walk on water..

We are Not worthy..

Stun needs to be Nerfed,

Period, End of Story..
Thank you, and no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinja
Whether you think stuns and 2-shot kills should be in the ground game or not, I can tell you it is no fun as it currently is, at least in my opinion.

I will not be joining any more ground PvP sessions until things change, period. Space PvP is far more fun.
Ground is a blast; much more fun than space combat, trying to take out one Fed ship before the cluster of them murders you.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swicken View Post

Somedays i do.. Some day they auctually listen.. I dont mind getting stunned by weapon fire, that is a given.. It is that Stupid statis hold over and over which can end up being a permenant stun, the followed by a root, which is followed by a second stun.. I have been stun so long one time. i was like why dont they hurry up and kill me..
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Somedays i do.. Some day they auctually listen.. I dont mind getting stunned by weapon fire, that is a given.. It is that Stupid statis hold over and over which can end up being a permenant stun, the followed by a root, which is followed by a second stun.. I have been stun so long one time. i was like why dont they hurry up and kill me..

IDEA: If you're in an arena and it's 1 v 5 and you're not having any fun, RE-QUEUE.....
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
So the pro-stunlock people's answer is "Dont put yourself in a situation to be stunned"? You do realize that you're essentially saying "Then don't play ground pvp".

Is stunlocking annoying? Yes. Should there be PROPERLY WORKING diminishing returns in place to prevent constant stun-spam? Yes. Until then, we have to either deal with it, or do what the pro-stunlock people say and "don't put ourselves in [ground pvp]". Considering it's one of 4 things I can do (1 of 3 if you count only working quest types), I'll have to deal with it.